'31 Model A with Air Conditioning $22,500

Silly ad copy and I'd like an engine picture but it seems tastefully done. The funny thing is that very few people in Albany CA would have A/C in there houses. It's the center of the summer fog belt. 

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/d/el-cerrito-beautiful-upgraded-1931/7679711000.html

This amazing & restored classic Model A is available now from a private collection. This classic Ford has remained with the same family for decades and now is available for the first time since it was subjected to a nut and bolt restoration. The vehicle now runs a great performing pinto engine and an ice cold AC system. The car featured an upgraded stereo system as well as fresh tires and more. This car was lovingly restored many years ago and is completely sorted for
Your next road tour or run to get groceries. Watch as time stands still around you and the questions and cameras come out where ever you go. Add a touch of class to your life and stand apart from the crowd in this distinctive motor car. Principled inquiries only. Price is firm, title in hand, shipping available.

email: cb1f48a63dd93624b9c8428bda3ed8e7@sale.craigslist.org

00m0m_7QqDyayLrq4_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00707_c9OQdXzjmaa_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg01414_jjhQOMnSSl8_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00o0o_3jXQsJpel0z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00r0r_c6Kla1TTLZk_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00u0u_3EN8O7hSNHQ_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00k0k_4NJOu2pJTBN_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 2

Sure that's not a Shay? Has all the hallmarks of one... maybe the ad should reflect "principled seller only" and if this IS a Shay (and I'm almost certain it is) it shouldn't be advertised as authentic and/or restored.

My high school guidance counselor was a history buff and into As as well. He and I stayed in touch after I graduated and after a few years told me he and his wife were simply "Larry and Pam". No more high school formalities. Come to think of it he's only ten years older than me.

Saw them at a cruise night a couple years ago pulling up in an early Miata. I said "that don't look like no Model A" and Pam immediately replied "but it has air conditioning!"

I'm pretty sure an airconditioned Shay would have been a non-starter for someone who believes in historical accuracy, as he does.

An aside: I saw four As at a local drive-in restaurant yesterday afternoon. Beautiful day, 80°, and I guess they were out for their last fall outing. Supposed to be 45° highs by this Wednesday. 

• Like 1

I wonder how the A/C affects performance. I once had the misfortune to own a '75 Audi 100LS, and if you hit the A/C switch while on the freeway, it was like a sudden massive head wind.  

• Like 3

Several years ago I visited a machine shop in Santa Clara Ca. that worked on antique cars and motorcycles. The owner pointed out a Model A coupe that was getting a/c installed. He told me that the car's owner wanted to tour Route 66 and his Wife refused to do it in a non air conditioned car. Not really a restoration, but at least it isn't a rest-mod!