Chevelle SS Moneymaker $8,400 WY

https://wyoming.craigslist.org/cto/d/rock-springs-1970-chevelle-ss/7679062728.html

On the West Coast and, no doubt, other regions, you could flip this coupe as-is and make a good profit. From a salt-free area. Put DYI labor  in it and you'll probably get even a better ROI.

Better yet, buy it, share it, and get a young person hooked on muscle cars

This is a 1970 Chevelle SS. The car itself is in pretty good shape. It hasn't run in about 3 years. It's been parked now going on 4 years. This is my uncle car and the reason it was parked because my uncle got to a point where he couldn't drive anymore, so it was parked. It has the original 396. The car hasn't been used for any part-out or anything of that nature. There are some added features such as air-conditioning. The top dashboard pad is not original, but the gauges are. The interior is in good condition. There are some rust issues such as the front fenders and a little surface rust on the back by the window and trunk. The car has a clean title with it as well. If you are interested in purchasing this car, please feel free to contact me.  f0744caf4eb33258bb917ddfc7dc9132@sale.craigslist.org

00101_ah7FoDTbSiP_0CI0m4_1200x900.jpg

00Q0Q_faIpP7myJyl_0CI0lZ_1200x900.jpg

00b0b_8JBDsTWlcTh_0CI0m9_1200x900.jpg

00R0R_idxFMi2p0ta_0CI0mE_1200x900.jpg

00H0H_7aWXjtrfYNW_0CI0mw_1200x900.jpg

Edited by Crusty Trucker (see edit history)

• Crusty Trucker changed the title to Chevelle SS Moneymaker $8,400 WY
8 minutes ago, Dave Mellor NJ said:

Didn't SSes have bucket seats?

Not always. I've known several bench seat column shift true SS cars. Same with the other GM A-body musclecars and also with Fords and Mopars.

A lot of hardcore performance buyers didn't want the added weight of bucket seats and console. Olds offered 442 with buckets (console with floorshift was extra-cost) or with bench as a no-cost option.

There were even such things as bench/column SS Camaros and Firebirds. A good friend has a 1971 bucket seat column shift TransAM.

• Like 3

The era when you still order the car in any config you wanted.  My father would order his cars stripped to near nothing but insisted on always having power windows because he was missing fingers on his right hand and it was a pain to reach over and roll down the passenger window.  Somewhere out there is a couple stripped down Belvedere's with the only option being power windows and power brakes.

Buyer Beware

Followed up on the ad. I got an email address, OR telephone number and a name. Had a brief conversation with the "nephew". Interesting voice on the other end that was the first red flag. My accepted offer was much lower than the price posted here. 99.9% sure it is a scam. You just never know though.  I have done crazier deals that actually worked out buying vehicles sight unseen throughout the world. Sold lots of vehicles and got paid and shipped them to Auz, EU and USA with no issues. The only time I can say I got ripped off was a dealer out of Mesquite TX.  Otherwise the car guy world is pretty honest.

But you really have to do some sleuthing on cars that are offered below market.

If an administrator wants the contact information and details message me.

Standing by for the next too good to be true ad. Ha Ha

Just checked Barn Finds out. Now the potential scam meter is at 100%.

So here is the contact information for everyone to make a note of as I would imagine he has other listings.

The guy representing the car is "Bobby" Tel: 458-281-8288 email taetae77154@gmail.com

We should have a "confirmed" scam contact directory on AACA to refer to and cross reference these guys.

• Like 1

I asked him if he had any room on the price and he offered it to me for $6,800.00 with $1,800.00 down. He also refused to reveal the location as I told him I want to have someone go ever and check it out.

I wonder if anyone did step up and actually paid a deposit.

We have his cell number and IP address.

Which is probably a burner phone (which can be tracked) and the email address is probably from a "internet cafe".

13 hours ago, dodgebrother said:

I asked him if he had any room on the price and he offered it to me for $6,800.00 with $1,800.00 down. He also refused to reveal the location as I told him I want to have someone go ever and check it out.

I wonder if anyone did step up and actually paid a deposit.

We have his cell number and IP address.

Which is probably a burner phone (which can be tracked) and the email address is probably from a "internet cafe".

All of which are located in another country.