For Sale: 1930 Ford Model A Victoria - $16,000 - Cleburne, TX - Not Mine

For Sale: 1930 Ford Model A Victoria - $16,000 - Cleburne, TX

1930 Ford Model A Victoria for sale by owner - Cleburne, TX - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1930 Model A Victoria. Only 6,306 Victorias made in 1930.  Cars has an older restoration but sat for years. Car still shows very nice. Can drive it like it is.  Runs good. Original Flathead 4 cylinder with a Tremec 5-speed manual transmission. Has been converted to 12-volt with a new battery. Everything works--lights, horn, gauges, etc.  All glass is in good shape and was updated to safety glass.  Needs Gas Tank flushed and tires.  I am currently running it off a bottle under hood.  CURRENTLY NO TITLE. WILL HAVE BONDED TITLE SOON.
Contact: Please call for info - Rick (817) 3-zero-7-two-8-nine-4
Copy and paste in your email: d96a6e3314b33e5da2f51eecc97af210@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1930 Ford Model A Victoria.

'30 Model A Victoria TX a.jpg

'30 Model A Victoria TX b.jpg

'30 Model A Victoria TX c.jpg

'30 Model A Victoria TX d.jpg

'30 Model A Victoria TX e.jpg

'30 Model A Victoria TX f.jpg

'30 Model A Victoria TX g.jpg

'30 Model A Victoria TX h.jpg

'30 Model A Victoria TX i.jpg

'30 Model A Victoria TX j.jpg

'30 Model A Victoria TX k.jpg

'30 Model A Victoria TX l.jpg

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

I like the Victoria body style.  Is the alternator a common or necessary change?

No sir.  Neither is 12 volt conversion, not necessary really.  Again goes back to sorting.  Juice brakes fall in same category to me on these cars. 

This one is a mixed bag, trans certainly helps for touring but  I would rather see stock trans w OD added.  Model A guys who tour love that and/or synchro added but honestly shifting them is not difficult once you practice a bit.  Nice color but def showing age.  I do like no side mounts on these vickys.

I loved the green vicky 30 or 31 in chocolate not far from your spaces a few weeks back AJ.  $18k.   Seemed like a great deal. Much better cosmetically and looked well maintained.  

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, alsfarms said:

Maybe just the picture perspective, but it looks like a slant windshield to me which would make it a 1931. Am I correct? I am no expert on Model A's.

Al

I am no expert on model As either. However I always heard that all model A Victorias were 1931 models. Having the side aprons without the 1930 seam in them would seem to indicate this may be a 1931 model. The advertiser gave production numbers for 1930 Victorias. I have no idea where those numbers may have come from or whether or not they are correct. And I may be wrong about this. Or maybe it is one of those calendar year versus model year issues. Those seem to crop up in the hobby way too often.

Victorias were introduced in November 1930 and had the slanted windshield. It looks like this one has a 1930 radiator shell. Maybe it was switched, and led the seller to believe it was a 1930 model?

Forty-odd thousand were built overall, so I guess 6306 could've been built November-December 1930, though I doubt they were considered 1930 models.

A three-speed transmission will get you going as fast as you'll ever need unless you're really into touring, and agree that double-clutching isn't that much of a problem. 

Edited by suchan
Added info (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Well I am no model A afficionado but this styles looks pretty nice.  Moreover these cars are just not practical for driving on the todays roads so I will probably never own one.  The 12 volt conversion inappropriate on the is car and the alternator looks out of place. The question I was going ask is if the gas is a gravity feed to the carburetor?  But then I saw the plastic container tilted downward and that answered my question!  I not sure of the value on these things but I would guess good original would fetch money in the high teens.  But this one has issues so maybe it's a 10 to 12 thousand dollar car! 

Oh yeah the description say a 5 spd tranny???

On 10/25/2023 at 9:10 PM, 58L-Y8 said:

CURRENTLY NO TITLE. WILL HAVE BONDED TITLE SOON.

What a coincidence. I've CURRENTLY NO MONEY, BUT WILL HAVE SOME SOON...right after you get your bonded title.

Victorias are very pretty, I have to admit. 

• Haha 1

I think I saw this at a show some months back and was interested in it just from the perspective that much is alike of a 31 plymouth but how far ahead my plymouth was in brakes and fuel system.  Used it as comparison.  The colors of this matches my 31 Plymouth which I think will soon be going up for sale as I need the space. Mopar was ahead of them in the tech department till the V8.