1930 Reo Coupe Restored - $26,500 - (Charlotte, NC)

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/waxhaw-1930-reo-coupe-restored/7665443699.html

Frame off restoration on this 1930 Reo Coupe with its original six-cylinder engine and transmission. Brand new old stock carburetor. Longer wheelbase model with a rumble seat, roll down rear window, fold out front windshield, dual air vents, cowl lights and a locking golf club compartment. Factory hydraulic brakes all around. Five brand new correct Lester tires, also includes five used white wall tires. All factory gauges work and are clear including the gas gauge. Speedometer, horn, lights, wiper, fan, heater and back up light also work. Runs and drives great with lots of paperwork including the factory brochure, repair manual, parts cross reference manual and original keys. North Carolina Title In My Name. $26,500.00 obo Calls Preferred 980-748-1568

00f0f_4OHFBexqpe5_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00b0b_1OGK2UP9Tf2_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

01414_lyVKN1SoHWQ_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_7tkYM1tOthI_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

01515_1niSNPaKPxY_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_81cso7ixAa2_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00909_22ygm3H7CxF_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like 2

My first real antique automobile was a 1929 Reo semi-sport coupe (had dummy landau irons). It was very similar to this. Its original mohair upholstery was green. Not quite as bright as this is, but not all that far off from it either. And the original leather on the rumble seat cushions was also green!

It was a great road car! Handled corners remarkably well. I often drove it a bit over 50 mph on the freeways. I had it up to almost 60 mph once, going up a moderately steep hill, just to see what it could do. I backed off at that point, satisfied of the car's abilities. However it was still accelerating at that speed!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Kind of looks appealing at that price.  Wiring is an easy clean up and the green interior doesn't bother me too much as it looks like they atleast tried to match the correct pattern just chose the wrong material,  though one never knows,  maybe they actually did offer something like this when new.   After looking at all the brochures I have sold over the years,  seems to be lots of combinations you never see on restored cars.

Figure if you bought one needing painting plating and upholstery that drove,  for 7500 plus and years from getting it to this state.  I even like the gray exterior.  

• Like 2

The 1929 Reo Master semi-sport coupe (had a ridged wood framed soft top down to the beltline around the back and dummy landau irons) was a bit fancier than this car. It had a bad 1950s repaint, however, the original color was two-tone dark green (body, fenders, and side aprons!). Its original interior was also a dark green mohair. While from memory I would say this car's interior is not exactly correctly done (buttons are in the wrong place by a little bit?), it is fairly close to the original that my 1929 had. I would say this green is a bit brighter? But not too far off.

I don't know about the interior door and window crank handles in this car? The 1929 were much nicer fancy castings. I suspect these are not correct, but I do not know for sure. 

At this stage in my life, if I could afford one, I would really like to have another one like the 1929 I had, only not needing as much work as it needed. If I could afford it? I would seriously consider this coupe.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 3:29 PM, Fossil said:

I would think it should find a home at that price. 

I see ad has been removed, so I guess it did find a home. Good deal in my opinion. 

• Like 1