Car Auction

TAKerry

I have never attended the Auction that is held in the late afternoon (sotheby's maybe?)

Can a non bidder get in, Or does one need to get a bidders pass?

If a non bidder can go, does anyone know if and what the entry fee may be?

Is it so crowded that a spectator would not see anything to be worthwhile?

Seeing that the auction starts at 4 pm, I was thinking about driving up to watch that only on one evening. I have no desire (or money,LOL) to register but thought it may make a fun night. Just seeing if its worth the trip or not.

Thanks.

In the last several years, they've just been open to the public. You used to need a bidder's pass to get in, but for the last two or three years you could just walk in to see the auction. And as Bill says, the cars are on display all week outside in the tent, so you can go see them up close without actually going to the auction.

One of the fun things to do at night is to stand outside and watch all the cars drive into the Lodge when it is their turn to be auctioned.  You get to see the cars actually run.  There is no charge to do this.  The only thing you do not get to see is the memorabilia. I will know tomorrow whether there are going to be tv monitors in the lobby.  It is not always so.

• Like 5

Kerry,

None of the boutique auction houses have general admission,   RM, Gooding, Bonhams, Broad Arrow, etc.  At least for as long  as I can remember.    The best bet is to go on Tuesday night or maybe Wed early and you can see all the auction cars outside in the parking lot.   Later Wed and definitely Thursday night the Lodge will be a mad house so I wouldn't show up with a dually looking for a parking spot.

• Like 4

For several years before covid 

, my wife and I volunteered to help push the cars across the stage. A friend and I, will be doing that again this year on Wednesday night, it's fun and we get to see the cars up close and personal.