1972 Centurion Hardtop $14,000 33,000 original miles

6 hours ago, Jolly_John said:

Best of luck with your sale. 

I'm sure this isn't Jake's car.  He has posted it in the

"Buick Not Mine" section.

It looks like a nice car, and Centurions aren't seen much

unless they are 1973 convertibles.  Jake, can you please post

pictures in a manner where they won't disappear soon?

Thanks for alerting us to this scarce model.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

14 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

It looks like a nice car, and Centurions aren't seen much

unless they are 1973 convertibles.  Jake, can you please post

pictures in a manner where they won't disappear soon?

Yes John I have not figured out a way to permanently post photos without an arduous process. 

As for price, and marketplace, I have been impressed with the $8,000 to $14,000 range of offerings over the past 2 years.   These cars used to be less expensive but now the barometer is "you can't restore one for that price."  Which is fair in a way. 

Restored 1950's 2 door hardtops still seem to be in the $20,00 to $35,000 range.   But 1960's through 1978 American cars are a relative value. 

I never did buy that 1965 Electra 2 door hardtop with very low miles in California that member "Centurion" found, but I am in contact with the seller and he has not sold it.   $12,000 asking, he would sell for $10,500.  A paint job with prep on a 1965 full size Buick would be $10,000 +.   

As long as these cars change hands for a few years among devoted old car folks, they should be all right. 

The last 1972 Centurion Formal Coupe I had was a triple black car that I started to restore and while under it - it was up on jack stands well supported - the frame broke and I was 2 feet away from getting crushed.    

• Like 1

The Fire Red '72 Centurion with black vinyl roof was offered for sale earlier this year.  The car sold quickly, and is evidently being flipped this time around.

The car's mileage is misrepresented by the current seller.  It was learned from the prior owner that actual mileage is 134,000.

Nonetheless, the car appears to be in beautiful condition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Centurion said:

The car's mileage is misrepresented by the current seller.  It was learned from the prior owner that actual mileage is 134,000.

If the owner does not know the true mileage,

we can excuse his ignorance.  But if he bought it

knowing that the mileage is 134,000 and he now

claims it is 34,000, he should be charged with fraud.

is there a way for Facebook members to flag this ad?

Honesty is what makes the hobby work.

6 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

The last 1972 Centurion Formal Coupe I had was a triple black car that I started to restore and while under it - it was up on jack stands well supported - the frame broke and I was 2 feet away from getting crushed.    

OMG!  you got lucky there

On 9/28/2023 at 10:10 AM, Centurion said:

The Fire Red '72 Centurion with black vinyl roof was offered for sale earlier this year.  The car sold quickly, and is evidently being flipped this time around.

Nonetheless, the car appears to be in beautiful condition.

I thought I recognized this car...

• Like 1