Might part ways with my 1967 Buick Wildcat Custom Convertible

60s GM Fan

Oh no, say it ain't so Joe!  Yes I'm seriously thinking about parting ways with my 1967 Buick Wildcat Custom convertible in order to purchase a 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Seville.  I recently sold my 1955 Cadillac Coupe Deville and I'd love to replace her with something similar ASAP.  "Joyce" is a one family car that is 100% original.  She's has her original 430/Turbo 400 switch pitch setup which was professionally rebuilt in the 2010s.  Everything works less her clock.  I have a plethora of paperwork, parts, etc that also go with her.  I'm asking 37k for her but I'm open to offers.  If anyone is interested please PM me.

1967 Buick Wildcat.jpg

67 Buick Wildcat.jpg

• Like 7

To me there is no such thing as a "pending" sale whether the car was for sale in the driveway, the Auto Trader, HMN, in the swap meet or even in the car corral. I have had many people waste my time over the years by telling me they are definitely buying my car after personally inspecting it, saying they'll be right back with the money and then disappearing forever. This was a frequent occurrence. The worst people were the ones that agreed on a price and then when they returned with the money insisted I take a lowball offer. The vehicle is either still for sale or it's not. The first person that hands you the money gets the car. It's sold when the title is transferred over to them. There is no pending. 

• Like 5

Stop believing that anyone who says, "I'll take it," is actually a buyer. It takes us an average of 45 "touches" before a car sells (a touch is an E-mail, a phone call, or a visit). I can usually safely assume that the first 10-20 guys who express interest are not serious.

The only buyer is the guy who puts his money on the table. Period. And he's a lot harder to find than you might think.

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Matt I agree I guess I got wrapped up in the excitement that he'd take it and was planning on making a payment today...but its like my father said...wish in one hand and $hit in the other and see which one fills up first.

All good there's a local PHX guy coming to take a test drive on Saturday.

It's too bad you have to sell the Wildcat, 67 has always been my favorite year for those.  Unfortunately, those clowns that talk big are usually trying to get you to "hold" the car for them without a deposit.  For such a premium car, you may consider going the Bring a Trailer or Hemmings route and try to attract a more serious buyer.   Good luck with the sale!

• Like 1

Joyce is getting a lot of attention, moreso than Evelyn did when she was placed up for sale.  I'm sure she'll find the right buyer/owner soon.  I hate parting ways with such a rare and well kept car but I'd like to grab something else to enjoy.

On 7/20/2023 at 5:24 PM, GARY F said:

I have a guy flying up to me this Saturday with money to check out one of my cars. Lots of phone calls and pictures. We will see if he buys. Let you know Sunday.

OK. The guy flew up here Saturday from TX. Went all over everything, took it for a drive, sat at the kitchen table, did paper work, paid me and he got  a broker and the driver showed up Monday and the car went down the road. I warned him about brokers but he did not listen. The driver had a F-250 with a multi repaired two car enclosed trailer. Good luck.

• Like 1

Still up for grabs.  I have over 95 individuals watching it on eBay and I've received quite a few inquiries.  My biggest complaint so far with those inquiries is that they 1. ask very silly questions when I have that information already posted and 2. jump straight to the "How much lower can you go" without seeing the car or asking for an inspection.  I know this is the bane of any car sales but the 55 Cadillac sale was much less painless.  Also have my eye on a nice 58 Eldo 😎

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...