For Sale: 1952 Willys Aero Coupe, 161 ci F-Head Six, O/D - $7,000 - Trout Creek, MT - Not Mine - Still Available, Same Price $7,000: 3-18-2024.

For Sale: 1952 Willys Aero Coupe, 161 ci F-Head Six, O/D - $7,000 - Trout Creek, MT - Still Available, Same Price $7,000: 3-18-2024. See New Link Below:

1952 Willys Aero Coupe - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

All original. 6-cylinder 3 speed O/D. New interior. New glass. New tires. Runs and drives great.
Copy and paste in your email: 6c93b7483dc035fabf4cd1e91929752f@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1952 Willys Aero Coupe, 161 ci F-Head Six, O/D.

Note:  Montana is one of the last places in America where one might still find a rust-free, well-preserved Willys Aero.

'52 Willys Aero MT a.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MT b.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MT c.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MT d.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MT e.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MT f.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MT g.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MT h.jpg

'52 Willys Aero MT i.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Same Price $7,000: 3-18-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TerryB said:

A green car against a green background sure doesn’t make for great pictures.

Sure beats a ghetto shot with graffiti and gang symbols on the broken down brick buildings in the background and drug litter in the foreground!

• Like 1

The bottom half of the car’s features gets lost in the sea of green.  The backdrop is indeed nice but if you want to see if the bottom has rust or bubbling in the paint there is no contrast to help you see it.  A nice gravel or other brighter material to be parked on for pics would be good.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, sunnybaba said:

picky...picky... picky..... very critical minds at work here..... this is a $7 K car guys... not a $70K car ...   Nice Driver for the price.... 

It’s what we do😀.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Funny how many of these have popped up for sale lately. This one is a nice example, although the seats appear to have been reupholstered. No foul there.

All Aeros are unit body cars and are known for rotting in difficult to fix places. Anyone interested in one should thoroughly inspect the underside. If it's solid, everything above that is relatively easy to obtain.

With the 161 and overdrive, this car will deliver surprisingly good fuel mileage. And, you're guaranteed to be the only one at your local show!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Funny, this is the exact year and model of my first car. Bought it for $20. Of course, it had a blown piston, but that didn't really matter because I was only 15.

Bought new parts and had it running soon after. Had lots of fun driving it around the block, but no further...

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1952 Willys Aero Coupe, 161 ci F-Head Six, O/D - $7,000 - Trout Creek, MT - Not Mine - Still Available, Same Price $7,000: 3-18-2024.

I've always liked these cars for some reason, but maybe $7000 is just too much of an asking price, and he's scaring potential buyers away. Willys cars just aren't in great demand. The car has been for sale since June of last year. Ten months. 

In my world of musical instrument sales, well kept items seem to only sell right now if they are priced right, which means below market value. Otherwise, gear just sits unsold. 

5 hours ago, DrumBob said:

In my world of musical instrument sales, well kept items seem to only sell right now if they are priced right, which means below market value. Otherwise, gear just sits unsold

It’s true in cars too.  
Many sellers either have no understanding of business, or there are too many emotions involved in the process. 

Seems like a nice car and a reasonable price, or at least a reasonable starting point. I think the location is doing it no favors since a quick search shows it at least 2 hrs from either Missoula or Coeur d’Alene. 

2 hours ago, Jim Skelly said:

Lots of rusted out junk in the Detroit area have asking prices much higher

2 hours ago, DavidinCA said:

I think the location is doing it no favors since a quick search shows it at least 2 hrs from either Missoula or Coeur d’Alene

Location….location….location…If the seller wants to make a deal, he will need to “subsidize the shipping” (or just the trip to see it) by making the price very attractive.  

Aero cars just aren’t popular enough to overcome the geographical handicap. 

• Like 1

Looks like paint and upholstery are not factory specs- the upholstery, serviceable enough, would do, but it looks like it's a metallic green. This doesn't appear to jive with color charts I've pulled up, they all look like solid colors. The jamb is either black or a very dark green. Maybe a Jeep tyro could chime in. That would affect the desirability, as they're not that uncommon dead stock. A stock appearing car with an obvious wrong paint job, in my opinion, deeply cuts into the market, unless it's dirt cheap.

They are handsome little cars; the design was first featured in a car mag way back- can't remember who or what. Maybe Sports Car Illustrated, Phil Wright penned. Correct me if I'm wrong.