For Sale: 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado, 45K miles - $14,950 - Rochester, NY - Not Mine - Still Available, Unchanged Price: $14,950: 7-2-2023:

For Sale: 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado, 45K miles - $14,950 - Rochester, NY - Still Available, Unchanged Price: $14,950: 7-2-2023: See New Link Below. 

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

This 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado 2d Hardtop coupe is finished with burgundy mist exterior and matching burgundy original interior.  This is the first year for the Oldsmobile Toronado with front wheel drive, and hideaway headlights. Solid car with no rust.  This driver quality Toronado is equipped with a powerful 425CID original numbers matching engine. Vehicle is priced to sell at 14,950.  May consider up trade or down trade with 1960s vehicles.
Copy and paste in your email: 44d6340646bc3048906ae4062afa339b@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado.

'66 Oldsmobile Toronado NY a.jpg

'66 Oldsmobile Toronado NY b.jpg

'66 Oldsmobile Toronado NY c.jpg

'66 Oldsmobile Toronado NY d.jpg

'66 Oldsmobile Toronado NY e.jpg

'66 Oldsmobile Toronado NY f.jpg

'66 Oldsmobile Toronado NY g.jpg

'66 Oldsmobile Toronado NY h.jpg

'66 Oldsmobile Toronado NY i.jpg

'66 Oldsmobile Toronado NY j.jpg

'66 Oldsmobile Toronado NY k.jpg

'66 Oldsmobile Toronado NY l.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Unchanged Price: $14,950: 7-2-2023: Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This is a Dubonnet car with matching interior.  This is the chosen color by Oldsmobile to market the car and I suspect 25% of 66 production was Dubonnet.  

Lots of missing information in this presentation.  Seller doesn’t know color.  Proceed with caution.  

• Thanks 1

Dubonnet Deluxe and looks highly optioned though a loaded car like this would usually have chrome wheels.

Pluses: standard airconditioning, above average interior. Someone made an effort to keep the rear vent grille drain tubes functioning, though repro rubber drain tubes have been available for over 30 years.

Minuses: missing "I" on header panel callout, trunk lining is MIA, incorrect outside mirror, and I'm still trying to figure out what the boxes under the LH dash and on the LH inner fender are. Not crazy about that aftermarket radio either because the diecast dash fascia had to be cut to install it, and good ones aren't easy to find.

Look close for rust in the trunk, at the rear leaf spring mounts, front fenders behind the wheels, and in the lower areas of the A-pillars. 

Other than those nits you could proudly own and drive this Toronado, smug in the knowledge you're in the most radically advanced car of the 20th Century. Nothing else came close.

Of course, owning a 1969 Toronado W-car, I might be just a little biased!😄

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Dubonnet Deluxe and looks highly optioned though a loaded car like this would usually have chrome wheels.

Pluses: standard airconditioning, above average interior. Someone made an effort to keep the rear vent grille drain tubes functioning, though repro rubber drain tubes have been available for over 30 years.

Minuses: missing "I" on header panel callout, trunk lining is MIA, incorrect outside mirror, and I'm still trying to figure out what the boxes under the LH dash and on the LH inner fender are. Not crazy about that aftermarket radio either because the diecast dash fascia had to be cut to install it, and good ones aren't easy to find.

Look close for rust in the trunk, at the rear leaf spring mounts, front fenders behind the wheels, and in the lower areas of the A-pillars. 

Other than those nits you could proudly own and drive this Toronado, smug in the knowledge you're in the most radically advanced car of the 20th Century. Nothing else came close.

Of course, owning a 1969 Toronado W-car, I might be just a little biased!😄

I see we have 2 w34 guys on the forum .  Pictures?

I only nit with this is that the 36-37 Cord was probably more advanced for the time.

VT wasn't available till 67 and even though factory installed always looked tacked on. 68 they extended the VT to the rear vent grille and VT jobs had grained metal grilles. A great improvement, but looking at the flow of the 66-70 roofline it's painfully obvious the Oldsmobile E-body was never meant to wear a vinyl top. But it was the 60s.

Alsancle, to get a picture would mean unearthing it. Hasn't been driven in over ten years and even though I dislike the practice, Toronasaurus Rex has become a shelf for some of his lightweight spare parts ☺️.

Don't none of y'all do that, do you?:(:ph34r:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rocketraider said:

VT wasn't available till 67 and even though factory installed always looked tacked on. 68 they extended the VT to the rear vent grille and VT jobs had grained metal grilles. A great improvement, but looking at the flow of the 66-70 roofline it's painfully obvious the Oldsmobile E-body was never meant to wear a vinyl top. But it was the 60s.

A

I loved my 67 but hated the vinyl top.

FH000018.jpg

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado, 45K miles - $14,950 - Rochester, NY - Not Mine - Still Available, Unchanged Price: $14,950: 7-2-2023:

Still Available, Unchanged Price: $14,950: 7-2-2023:

1966 Oldsmobile Toronado - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

This 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado 2d Hardtop coupe is finished with burgundy mist exterior and matching burgundy original interior.
This is the first year for the Oldsmobile Toronado with front wheel drive, and hideaway headlights. Solid car with no rust.
This driver quality Toronado is equipped with a powerful 425CID original numbers matching engine.  Vehicle is priced to sell at 14,950.  May consider up trade or down trade with 1960s vehicles.  odometer: 45754

Copy and paste in your email:  ee5b491159e932f88203cb1a98ed7bdc@sale.craigslist.org

Note: Seller has added better detail views of the car to his listing.