For Sale: 1924 Hupmobile Series R Touring - Manchester Center, VT - $15,500 - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $14,500: 6-6-2023:

For Sale: 1924 Hupmobile Series R Touring - Manchester Center, VT - $15,500 - Still Available, Price Reduced to $14,500: 6-6-2023: See New Link Below.

1924 Hupmobile REDUCED! - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1924 Hupmobile Series R Touring
Our 1924 Hupmobile Series R is a time capsule. It’s a very original car that spent the last several decades in a small Midwest museum. The engine runs with a temporary fuel source. the fuel system will need to be gone through. She has a full set of side curtains, which appear to be original. The convertible top fabric may be original as well. The only area to our knowledge that has been restored is the upholstery, which is in very good condition. We have put four new black wall tires on the Hupp.
HIGHLIGHTS
· 183 CI 4-cylinder engine
· 3-speed manual transmission
· Black with matching interior
· Driver's spotlight
· Wooden spoke wheels
· Tan folding top
· Draft deflector window wings
· Boyce Moto-Meter
· Rear mounted spare tires
· Chrome radiator
· Running boards with Hupmobile logo step plates
· Rear stop light
· Stewart speedometer
One of a few remaining, this Hupmobile will be a rarity on the road for it’s next owner.  REDUCED to $15,500

Copy and paste in your email: 5f723db1a5a1316fbad616c45a797e90@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1924 Hupmobile Series R Touring.

'24 Hupmobile Series R VT a.jpg

'24 Hupmobile Series R VT b.jpg

'24 Hupmobile Series R VT c.jpg

'24 Hupmobile Series R VT d.jpg

'24 Hupmobile Series R VT e.jpg

'24 Hupmobile Series R VT f.jpg

'24 Hupmobile Series R VT g.jpg

'24 Hupmobile Series R VT h.jpg

'24 Hupmobile Series R VT i.jpg

'24 Hupmobile Series R VT j.jpg

'24 Hupmobile Series R VT k.jpg

'24 Hupmobile Series R VT l.jpg

'24 Hupmobile Series R VT m.jpg

'24 Hupmobile Series R VT n.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $14,500: 6-6-2023: Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, alsancle said:

I am a sucker for cars that presents like this.

No red wheels. No white walls. No Meiko paint job that makes the unrestored parts of the car stand out.

How many horsepower is it?

http://www.classiccardatabase.com/specs.php?series=1872&year=1924&model=10558

AJ, this has got some good specs, but as for horsepower, you can read this and bring your experience as to how it compares  apples to apples with other cars of the era That is not something that’s in my experience set with these early cars. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

I am a sucker for cars that presents like this.

No red wheels. No white walls. No Meiko paint job that makes the unrestored parts of the car stand out.

How many horsepower is it?

Very early Minnesota Pioneer Plate. With that low number would have been issued the first year collector plates were passed by Minnesota, I think in 1954

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Bloom said:

http://www.classiccardatabase.com/specs.php?series=1872&year=1924&model=10558

AJ, this has got some good specs, but as for horsepower, you can read this and bring your experience as to how it compares  apples to apples with other cars of the era That is not something that’s in my experience set with these early cars. 

John,  thanks.  HP was the wrong question for anything pre 1927.  I should have asked how big the engine was.  182.5 cu. in.

Problem is I had go karts with larger engines as a kid.

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

John,  thanks.  HP was the wrong question for anything pre 1927.  I should have asked how big the engine was.  182.5 cu. in.

That struck me as small as well for a 115 in WB car.........it is what it is.  My first reaction was that it could be a fun addition for someone, but zoom in on the engine shots.
could be some trouble....... looking at the area behind the vertical rise of the intake manifold. 

• Like 1

So far as reliability and ability to drive on long trips. One thing comes into play, how much time you have and your need to take secondary roads not major interstates.

A friend now deceased was the major force of me appreciating orphan cars here on Long Island. And not the luxury class cars. His name was Lester Cutting and he lived in Huntington , NY ( that is about 45 miles out on the island on the north shore.)

He had a similar Hupmobile body style and everything that he would drive to Hershey, the MaCungie car show in Pa. all over. but would only be on major highways to get on and off bridges. Drove it in all kinds of weather and it was totally reliable. Not tiny but not to large either. Good looking car. He drove it tens of thousands of miles. He also owned a Dort, Courier, Studebaker , Saxon ., Reo Speedwagon fire truck. His modern car was a Checker station wagon  that he bought new.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, alsancle said:

A.J.: 

The spec's list 37.5 hp at 2400 rpm from the 182.5 cu.in. four.  For 1925, Hupmobile introduced their E-Series straight eight:  65 hp at 2700 rpm 246.7 cu.in., a more acceptable engine for a ~$2K car.

• Thanks 1

This one ticks a lot of boxes on my "like" list and it's not thousands of miles away. Being a lesser known (Hupp) holds a lot of appeal too. As for horsepower - I live in a very rural area where dirt roads are aplenty and if you can pass the farm machinery trundling too and from the fields your good to go. We have some good size hills but there always seems to be a scenic way around them if your not in a hurry.

Hopefully it will find a good home.

• Like 2

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1924 Hupmobile Series R Touring - Manchester Center, VT - $15,500 - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $14,500: 6-6-2023:

Still Available, Price Reduced to $14,500: 6-6-2023:

1924 Hupmobile REDUCED! - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Added to the above description, same photos:

One of a few remaining, this Hupmobile will be a rarity on the road for it’s next owner.
REDUCED TO $14,500

Copy and paste in your email: a175d74419a7315ba5f49d10a7620e4f@sale.craigslist.org

• Like 1