For Sale: 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix - $24,000 - Caledonia, WI - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $21,900: 6-21-2023:

For Sale: 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix - $24,000 - Caledonia, WI - Still Available, Price Reduced to $21,900: 6-21-2023: See New Link Below:

1965 Pontiac Grand Prix - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

389-4bbl air car. Fontana Blue, Blue Bucket interior. The interior is mostly new, the buckets have been reupholstered, and has been dyno matted while the interior was out. New carpeting, wood grain, heater core, rebuilt factory am-fm with correct speakers, rebuilt factory tachometer. New front suspension parts, front end alignment, new steering box, new aluminum radiator, starter, fuel pump, recent tune up. Air is updated but quit blowing cold two seasons ago. Coker Firestone Redline tires. If you do not have specific questions pertaining to this car, I will just assume it's a phishing email and delete it. I will also delete low ball offers, who would seriously make an offer without looking at a car in person. I don't have to sell it. And I don't need help selling it from a third party. odometer: 43000
Copy and paste in your email: 4b9f33b860663cd88f1edf56f70cfadd@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix.

'65 Pontiac Grand Prix WI a.jpg

'65 Pontiac Grand Prix WI b.jpg

'65 Pontiac Grand Prix WI c.jpg

'65 Pontiac Grand Prix WI d.jpg

'65 Pontiac Grand Prix WI e.jpg

'65 Pontiac Grand Prix WI f.jpg

'65 Pontiac Grand Prix WI g.jpg

'65 Pontiac Grand Prix WI h.jpg

'65 Pontiac Grand Prix WI i.jpg

'65 Pontiac Grand Prix WI j.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $21,900: 6-21-2023: Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)

In the description it notes that the factory tachometer has been rebuilt. However in the pictures I see 2 gauges I presume are tachometers. I really doubt the one to the left of the steering wheel is a factory; so why two? The wheels are a detraction in my book. So I would lose the wheels and the auxiliary tachometer!  Besides the Gran Prix in those days was not a GTO rival rather a nice luxury coupe!

Edited by deac (see edit history)

The gauge on the console would be a vacuum gauge.  I believe the '65-'66 Impala SS, GP, and Catalina 2+2 all came with a vacuum gauge in the console with an automatic transmission.  If a 4-speed was ordered, a tachometer was installed there instead.  The dash-mounted tach would be a dealer-installed option.  The same applies to the earlier Grand Prix, too.

Edited by Jim Skelly (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Yes, a set of 8-lug wheels would be nice on this car.  I also think I'd ditch the skirts.  They look great on a '65/'66 Catalina (or 2+2) fastback coupe, or even a Bonneville.  To me, however, they conflict with the GP's sporty personality.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EmTee said:

Yes, a set of 8-lug wheels would be nice on this car.  I also think I'd ditch the skirts.  They look great on a '65/'66 Catalina (or 2+2) fastback coupe, or even a Bonneville.  To me, however, they conflict with the GP's sporty personality.

Pretty sure those skirts are factory with the trim.

Yes, 1965-1966 Grand Prix models had fender skirts as standard equipment, the car would look incomplete without them. Those Chevelle hubcaps however would have to be removed immediately! My preference would be the correct 1965 PMD 3-bar deluxe spinner wheelcovers for both cost & maintenance reasons. 

1 hour ago, The 55er said:

Yes, 1965-1966 Grand Prix models had fender skirts as standard equipment, the car would look incomplete without them. Those Chevelle hubcaps however would have to be removed immediately! My preference would be the correct 1965 PMD 3-bar deluxe spinner wheelcovers for both cost & maintenance reasons. 

It is not technically correct for the car, but I like the skirtless look with the eight lug wheels. (Not the subject car)

20230527_145800.jpg

Edited by joelj (see edit history)
  • Like 6

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix - $24,000 - Caledonia, WI - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $21,900: 6-21-2023: