Pretty sure I posted this car before (DROOL)

With all due respect, this car was restored by well known collector Milton Robson for his personal collection which was downsized a few years back and this car was cut. I know this car from the day I bought it as an original, unrestored, California car sitting in long term dry storage. Milt started with a car which I was able to put on jack stands, wipe down the non-undercoated UNDERSIDE of the car with kerosene and then WAX it. It was that nice before major restoration. When it auctioned it brought $50K more than the current advertised price. Granted markets change down and up.
The '57 DeSoto Adventurer along with the '57 Chrysler 300C are considered the absolute pinnacle of Virgil Exner's time at Chrysler. Ad states 18 of these currently known to exist and that sounds about right. I would personally guarantee this is the best of those except I haven't seen it in recent years.
There appear from postings to be very few AACA people who really know and appreciate post-war MoPar cars. This car was in one of America's premier collections and should go into another.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The best of the best bring very strong premiums.  In this case there are very few cars to choose from on top of that.   The Robson auction set records that might never be matched, but I'm sure this car will probably sell for a lot more than you would think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2