Wilbraham Hill Climb 2023

alsancle

I think I'm going to be there Saturday.  Anybody else going?   My first time.

https://springfieldtoboston.com/hill-climb-event-details/

Event runs from 9am-3pm

The Wilbraham Hill Climb race event is a town-wide celebration in the spirit of the good old days with a re-enactment of the historic 1908 climb up Wilbraham Mountain plus other fun events! See below for more information on the event attractions!

Wilbraham Hill Climb recalls early days of automobiles - masslive.com

• Like 3

Wife an I are planning to attend.  We have gone before and thoroughly enjoyed.  Suggest taking portable canvas folding chair.  Also, if traveling from the east avoid route 20 in Brimfield as it is flea market week. Enjoy !

Will you be participating? Wish I could make it but a bit far to travel, lol. Not to hijack but do they still have the Grand Ascent at Hershey?  Its been quite a few years since I was there but it was a lot of fun.

Would that be a Brooklands muffler on the Bentley? We have a flat tank norton with a brooklands pipe and the end is very similar.

There was an episode on Father Brown (pbs show) a couple of weeks ago that centred around a hill climb event mid century England. They showed some pretty neat cars.

8 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

Will you be participating? Wish I could make it but a bit far to travel, lol. Not to hijack but do they still have the Grand Ascent at Hershey?  Its been quite a few years since I was there but it was a lot of fun.

Would that be a Brooklands muffler on the Bentley? We have a flat tank norton with a brooklands pipe and the end is very similar.

There was an episode on Father Brown (pbs show) a couple of weeks ago that centred around a hill climb event mid century England. They showed some pretty neat cars.

Maybe.  We are bringing the steam car.   Definitely make an exhibition run, and possibly a timed run.

• Like 5

It's only 5 miles from my home up north.......unfortunately I can't make it.............it's always a good time. 

It's where the slogan I live by was born........on my first time up the hill, George Holman said.."Drive it like you stole it!"

• Like 1

Thanks for ruining my day.  Still medically grounded and cannot race my car but just this morning got new tires installed and will be working feverishly to attend next year.  Any chance to be back in my old home state is something I will do..judging at Misselwood this year.  

• Like 3

Thanks for the great photographs and also the comments as well. Wish I was there too, rather then here on a hot , muggy, humid western long island still recovering from a lot of blood tests I had to endure yesterday .

I’ve got some video which I’ll try to post tonight.  The course has two timing marks, one after the first rise, and then the second one in a full mile.

about 70° and sunny today. Definitely better weather than the veteran car tour two weeks ago.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, alsancle said:

George Holman’s Stutz seems like  the fastest car here. I think sounds like it has a hemi in it. I believe it is running a DV32.

Maybe the most historic car there, should get fastest time of the day. Bob 🙂

IMG_2334.jpeg

• Like 1