Rhinebeck Ny car show - May 6, 7

Porsche 68

On 5/6/2023 at 7:07 PM, mobileparts said:

I had one guy grab 2 Ball Joint Boots @ $ 5.00 each, 2 Tie Rod Boots @ & 4.00 each , for a total of $ 18.00 —- and he put them back ( in the wrong spot ) because he said,

” That’s too rich for my blood. “ ( Oh well … ) I guess he isn’t a CEO of a big Manhattan Corporation !!!

My brother once had a women at his space.  He told her she could have something for free.   

She said " can you do any better?"

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, oldford said:

Dave, I've seen this Ford town card before. It is home made and rather poorly done at that. He has a ball with it, and I guess that's all that matters.

Frank.

Well, what do you want for the price of a Tin Lizzy. Cool to see but you just can't rub elbows with the Packard's, Pierce Arrow's, and Peerless's. It aint no Duesenberg's or Rolls Royce either. 🙂 Old Henry must have had some Ford Town cars built for Himself. And had more built to off set the cost.

Most of the Model T Town cars were used in taxi service.                 John

• Like 1

My wife & I went on Sunday.  I parked with @JohnD1956 and the Buick gang.

image.png.c34dc6c85308686a64fb5ba0df1c9f0b.png

image.png.04d192f831fb3626c20173fb91f9ae70.png

Also had a chance to catch-up with Mark and saw his near clone of my Riviera in the 'Winners Circle".

image.png.a24c48809330b097d3f081b59646ac16.png

Mark's car is actually "Gold Mist" (Color Code "G") with a saddle colored strato-bucket seat interior.  Mine is "Riviera Gold" (Color Code "Z") with a black strato-bench seat.  I last saws him and his Riviera at the 2019 ROA meet in Gettysburg.  Weather was outstanding, although I did run into rain near Utica on the way home.  Fun day with John, Ray and the Buick gang.  ;)

• Like 6

17 hours ago, 41 Su8 said:

Most of the Model T Town cars were used in taxi service.                 John

That makes sense. Easy to service chassis with an upscale body.