'35 Hudson Terraplane Pickup - $20,000

Listed on facebook for $23K last September.....Nice looking vehicle, but not much info....

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/lawndale-hudson-terraplane/7611525346.html

1935 Hudson Terraplane pickup truck. 1 of 4 known to exist. Runs and drives. Registered. Been on my family for 30 years .(424) 254-4652  fecd39db380236ce99cd00fad0691dc0@sale.craigslist.org

100J0J_2rY6WKKrD6P_1320AA_600x450.jpg00303_hu4gSGZFlAl_1320AA_600x450.jpg00606_g6c4VENUGHa_1320AA_600x450.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, paulrhd29nz said:

Where do people get these numbers from ?  

I didn't say that...I imagine the seller just checked with his friends....

Seller's "1 of 4" came from the very few truly knowledgable people into Hudson products who network pretty well with each other to keep early (pre-Stepdown) cars, history and information alive. The statement is, to my knowledge, correct.
When Steve first got this pickup from his father I was part of his earliest contacts. His best contact came with Mr. Kale, owner of the restored red '34 Terraplane pickup (which I saved from a barn in Oregon). Kale is an authority on the '34 Terraplanes, still owns his truck, and his history goes back to coming home from the hospital in his father's '34 Terraplane.
The '34 Hudson front bumper on the advertised truck was acquired from me as he had an incorrect (non-Hudson) bumper.

Yes, the '32-35 Terraplane commercial cabs are made from a cut-down sedan body. They were trying to get a foothold in the marketplace and did not contract an outside coachbuilder. The first fully stamped commercial bodies at Hudson came in 1936.

No, it is not worth a lot more due to its rarity. Rarity means very few were sold new in this and most cases. True today, the market for rare Hudsons is miniscule and there is no driver of prices and there are no "comps". If it were were more it would have sold the first time offered and as yet has not sold when priced lower.

Jack M's "got it". And that is exactly what the seller has been doing with it. It wasn't "this good" when he got it from dad.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• 2 months later...