Passing of Stuart Syme, AKA 50Jetback, Western Australia - Long time Buick Man Down Under

jeffvintage

So sorry to hear this news. Stuart aka @50jetback  was always ready to help with tech stuff as well as just being a fun guy here on the forums. He always countered my Spam posts with his Vegimite references and even sent me a jar once which only a few months ago strangely disappeared from the pantry.  I had hoped to take him up on his invitation to visit as Australia has always been on our list of places to go before we go. Rest in Peace now Stuart, I and many more here will miss you.

post-31244-143138071608.jpg.3e94c6a7880e640f793c2f63c6cae4ef.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

• MrEarl changed the title to Passing of Stuart Syme, AKA 50Jetback, Western Australia - Long time Buick Man Down Under

I met Stuart in 2003 when he participated in our caravan from Seattle to Flint for the Buick Centennial Celebration.  He was a great addition to our group, and we enjoyed seeing him again during one of his return visits to the USA.  I am sorry to learn of his passing.

• Like 2

Just an update folks:

A big turn out at Stu's funeral in Guildford Western Australia

A truly touching tribute with a solo W.A Police piper and a police guard on honour, and salute as his coffin was lowered into the ground.

Stuart was a Western Australian Police officer for over thirty years and rose to the rank of Inspector, before retiring from the WA police force

His love was Buick automobile and old Harley Davidson's

May the Buick's be with you Stu

RIP Mate

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

• 1 month later...