1929 4-door Marmon - $9,000

No info really but if you are looking for a way to stay busy, this could be it! 

https://merced.craigslist.org/cto/d/hollister-door-marmon/7601380644.html

29 Marmon
straight 8
four door - suicide doors
not restored, however all of is there, engine, fenders, wheels, seats, ribbing, windows, wipers etc..
good condition
33,000 mile only  (831) 297-2476

00w0w_kb9nLKnuddf_0ak07K_600x450.jpg100000_9v34PvIWLw_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I agree in the current climate of buying and selling antique automobiles, the asking price is a bit "healthy". However, I don't see this one as a parts car either. It is a complete, I tact unrestored Marmon.  If there was an abundance of loose Cadillac V-16 chassis parts, any Cad 16 could be considered a donor, if broken down for parts to be used to restore additional Cad 16's. This Marmon should be bought, and saved for future generations.

Al

• Like 2

For those that are not familiar, the 8 cylinder Marmon are great performing automobiles. The 68 is the smallest and is considered the bread and butter Marmon, but still out performs many other makes. The 78 is the big brother and has a more refined engine with overhead valves, as the 68 is a flathead. If you want more go for the Big 8. If you want a great value for the dollar, this 68 is an excellent option. Dayton wire wheels and all.

Al

• Thanks 1

I had to go look. The 1929 Marmon sedan for sale on eBay for a bit over $8000 has been for sale for a couple years at least. A bit newer than I want, I did look into it a bit a couple years ago when I was hoping to be able to replace one of my cars I had had to sell several years earlier. If I recall correctly, the price may have come down some, as it seems to be reasonable. However, although it is much nicer than the OP car, it is still fairly original and does need some attention. It might however, be a car someone could enjoy driving while slowly upgrading some of its issues. Unlike the OP car which will require pretty much a full restoration before it can be driven much.

Just passing my opinion along.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The eBay listing I found for about $8000 is actually a Roosevelt from looking closer at the photos. Just clarifying for anyone that may care.

There was also a way restored(?) convertible coupe, reserve not met and I saw no indication of what they may be wanting? Frankly, I didn't like the restoration myself.

Those were the only two Marmon automobiles that came up on my search there.