For Sale: 1941 Dodge Luxury Liner 4dr Sedan - Project - $3,000 - Tunkhannock, PA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1941 Dodge Luxury Liner 4dr Sedan - Project - $3,000 - Tunkhannock, PA

1941 dodge lugery liner - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1941 dodge needs restoration motor turns free 39000 original miles.
Copy and paste in your email: ac7233f1834e3da089dfb98f037a15f7@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1941 Dodge Luxury Liner 4dr Sedan - Project.

'41 dodge lugery PA a.jpg

'41 dodge lugery PA b.jpg

'41 dodge lugery PA c.jpg

'41 dodge lugery PA d.jpg

I saw this one last week when it first got listed and I was going to go look at it. It's about an hour from me.

WHY you ask?

Because I am a glutton for punishment. I don't need another project but the "disease" is strong.

Luckily, for me, I did not go.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Joe Cocuzza said:

I saw this one last week when it first got listed and I was going to go look at it. It's about an hour from me.

WHY you ask?

Because I am a glutton for punishment. I don't need another project but the "disease" is strong.

Luckily, for me, I did not go.

Joe,

If you do eventually go look at it, please give us a report on what you find.   The 39K miles suggest it could be better than one might expect.

Steve

I brought a car just like this one 47 years ago with 41,000 miles, same color and condition, Paid $900 which thinking back on it was too much, even back then.  Years later I spent $15000 plus resorting the car and learned a lot of lessons  from it.  The main one being DON"T RESTORE a 4 door 1940's Mopar.  Talk about a money pit!!image.jpeg.56d67d951e04a784d91585d5e3bd404b.jpeg

• Like 3

1941 Dodge with 39,000 miles. First thing that comes to mind is someone going off to war and not coming home again. With that many miles it could easily have been the Korean conflict. Just thinking out loud.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kingrudy said:

It is an addiction, once you buy the car, in essence you begun to dig the hole. I have a pretty deep hole with my '40 Buick and less I forget, my wife reminds me often how deep it is. 

SO TRUE!!!! My 57 Pontiac is the best fit for that description. But the opposite is true with my 40 Buick which has cost me way less and it drives like a dream.

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Joe,

If you do eventually go look at it, please give us a report on what you find.   The 39K miles suggest it could be better than one might expect.

Steve

Steve,

I am fighting the "demons" that say go look at it so please don't encourage me.......😁😁😁😁😈😈😈😈

• Haha 1

All of the following is said in jest (but it is all true)

See, I know myself all too well. If I go "look" at this car I WILL buy it.

What's wrong with that you might ask??????

1 - No room

2 - No time - already have several "projects"

3 - etc.......

The problem is these things NEVER stopped me from getting another car before but I HAVE TO start fighting this "disease".

I am getting to the point in life where having too many projects (which I already have) will result in none of them being completed.

With that said, I do enjoy owning my cars and working on them (when time allows it) but I find "the hunt" and the "purchase" much more enjoyable (at least to me).

Is that weird or ?????????

So I am doing my best to ignore this car but the more I see it the more I want to go look at it.

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!🤒🤒🤒🤒

2 hours ago, Joe Cocuzza said:

All of the following is said in jest (but it is all true)

See, I know myself all too well. If I go "look" at this car I WILL buy it.

What's wrong with that you might ask??????

1 - No room

2 - No time - already have several "projects"

3 - etc.......

The problem is these things NEVER stopped me from getting another car before but I HAVE TO start fighting this "disease".

I am getting to the point in life where having too many projects (which I already have) will result in none of them being completed.

With that said, I do enjoy owning my cars and working on them (when time allows it) but I find "the hunt" and the "purchase" much more enjoyable (at least to me).

So I am doing my best to ignore this car but the more I see it the more I want to go look at it.

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!🤒🤒🤒🤒

I can help you .You look at this 3.000$ car ?? This is not a 3.000$ car but one that is at least  a 10.000$ car from the pictures i see .It needs paint and chrome and maybe engine work .So if you drive up there keep that in mind , stop dreaming and come back to reality .I never buy a car that needs paint or chrome , people ask me where do you go to chrome parts or get a car painted  ...i say nowhere because its ages ago since i needed chrome or paint on one of my cars that i bought or have .The last one i bought is a restored 1940 Buick cvt that sit since ages in a private museum that will only need to be brought back to life with new brakes , pumps and little things .Motor is free i know ( moved it myself ) All this i do myself and only costs dimes in parts .Stop dreaming !

IMG_7796.JPG

2 hours ago, Joe Cocuzza said:

No, it is NOT weird! A lot of us are that way. It is part of our genetic heritage. It is a remnant of our "hunter gatherer" instincts. 

I still fight it, often! Life treated me quite badly. Unfortunately, for reasons beyond my control, I had to sell all the cars I had spent years getting and working on in plans to keep and enjoy for the rest of my life! All I have left is a half a dozen leftover projects that I should have sold cheap years ago. But I kept them because I couldn't get the money I had to have and knew they were my best chance at ever replacing any of the cars I had to sell. So, with enough projects to keep me busy for twenty years restoring them (as if I even have that long?)? I STILL keep seeing projects I want to seriously consider buying! Hey! I could probably scrape up that three thousand dollars somehow? And then I could spend  few days cleaning it up, fix a few little things, enjoy doing so? (Fact is I haven't been able to spend more than a couple hours working on my model T in six months! How in the h3!! would I spend any time on some pile of junk I do not need?) With four projects I really should finish, one thing I do NOT need is any more projects!

But still. I WANT to go look. I can't help thinking about it. There have been a half a dozen good deals near enough that it could be done! But I have to tell myself NO!

Now, go out into the shop and work on that Pierce Arrow!