Where do I get replacement seat springs etc?

ojh.

Snyder's Antique Auto Parts in Ohio sells Model T & A parts but made their start making seat springs.  They will make you a custom seat spring to your dimensions, contact them.

• Like 1

Not sure where you are located:

Snyder's Antique Auto in Ohio makes reproduction seat springs.

https://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/

They made both the seat and back springs for my 28 Whippet. You need to furnish them the original and they will make an exact copy.

Good Luck,

Bill

• Like 1

Guys, I also would recommend Snyders in Ohio. I have been restoring a '28 Dodge Brothers Cabriolet where the back half of the body was missing. Fortunately the fellow I bought the car from found a back half from a 4 cyl cabriolet which was the same BUDD body. To make this response more about the springs attached are several pix. of my progress splicing those body halves together to one body. Suffice it to say I had NOTHING internal for patterns so had to fabricate based on other photos and dimensional data from others. 

Years ago I had the pleasure of visiting Snyders and talked with one of the early owners. He said they started their business making springs for Ford, Chev., Etc. I asked if they would make the curved seat back spring for the deck lid. He said "send him a cardboard pattern of the curvature and the dimensions where the upper fasteners and the lower screw tabs for fastening". A couple weeks later came in the mail an excellent spring assy that fits like a glove. I have done some seat spring fabricating with individual springs and perimeter wire but was not interested in tackling that curved spring.  My favorite mantra is "Start with the answer and work back to the question" See in your mind what you need to accomplish and work back to what it takes to accomplish it! Enjoy! Yes, I did fabricate the rumble seat bottom assy. based on the front seat bottom.

Rumble seat back II.jpg

Rumble seat back.jpg

Rumble seat bottom II.jpg

Rumble seat bottom.jpg

Cabriolet 002.jpg

Form Board.jpg

Upholstry panels 001.jpg

Upholstry panels 003.jpg

DSCN2610.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1