Ebay Motors rearranged, hard to navigate. Have you tried?

John_S_in_Penna

I just looked at Ebay Motors, and the entire format

and menu system have been completely rearranged. 

I think it is much harder to use than before when looking

for cars for sale.  Have you tried it?

When looking at cars for sale, they now have the category

"Vehicles."  Below that, apparently you have to choose

sub-categories "Cars and Trucks" or "Classic Cars" or

"Collector Cars." The year-range is hard to find and difficult

to enter;  and one option is by decade, not by selected years

spanning more than one decade.  I still haven't found

"Completed Listings" of prices realized from ended sales.

Help!  Tell me the keystrokes to find, for example, Buick cars

for sale 1958-1961.  And then Completed Listings for those

same 1958-1961 Buicks.  Has anyone mastered this monstrosity yet?

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

I'm just tired of looking for parts for one car and having EVERY other car's parts show up instead. I get huge caches of Hudson/Ford/Jaguar parts when I search for Lincoln parts. I'm tired of trying to sift though the noise.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

If you scroll down the home page of Ebay Motors to Find a Vehicle, pluck any make and hit search and then on the next screen you can narrow your year range and change the make at will.  Just ignore those side bar menus on the home page.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 3macboys said:

If you scroll down the home page of Ebay Motors to Find a Vehicle, pluck any make and hit search and then on the next screen you can narrow your year range and change the make at will.  Just ignore those side bar menus on the home page.

Thanks.  Now how does one see the "Completed Listings"

for that same selection of cars?  There used to be a little

check-box for that purpose.

2 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Thanks.  Now how does one see the "Completed Listings"

for that same selection of cars?  There used to be a little

check-box for that purpose.

At the top right of the screen beside the blue SEARCH button there is the little word Advanced - select that and then on the next screen you can select Sold Listings though you might need to refine the search a bit there such as 1914-1940 Dodge

Edited by 3macboys (see edit history)
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

I'm just tired of looking for parts for one car and having EVERY other car's parts show up instead. I get huge caches of Hudson/Ford/Jaguar parts when I search for Lincoln parts. I'm tired of trying to sift though the noise.

I share this pain.  When I search for ‘48 Chrysler parts, half of what shows are Model A parts.  Say what?  Something changed about a year ago in the way their search engine works.  I find it very frustrating, and I don’t search as often as I used to.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 3macboys said:

At the top right of the screen beside the blue SEARCH button there is the little word Advanced - select that and then on the next screen you can select Sold Listings though you might need to refine the search a bit there such as 1914-1940 Dodge

Have you tried it, Mac?  It doesn't work for me.

It completely ignores my search selection for

1958-1961 Buick cars, and gives results for 250,000

"Buick" items--cars, parts, and all the unrelated junk

that no one wants.  And in that "Advanced" menu,

I see no way to reinsert the year-range selection.

14 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Have you tried it, Mac?  It doesn't work for me.

It completely ignores my search selection for

1958-1961 Buick cars, and gives results for 250,000

"Buick" items--cars, parts, and all the unrelated junk

that no one wants.  And in that "Advanced" menu,

I see no way to reinsert the year-range selection.

I did - in the Keyword area I put in 1958-1961 Buick and selected sold listing and got back 6 sold parts, no cars and by selecting completed listing it returns 228 items.  I'm not sure how to narrow it down to just sold cars but it only goes back 90 days.  

On 2/5/2023 at 6:22 PM, Matt Harwood said:

If you put your topic in the search box and then -Ford  -Chevy and so forth it will get rid of those unrelated ads.   I got rid of thousands of unrelated ads that way.   I also use other term such as  -fits .

I listed a bunch of things such as -Gates -IFS -ford -anything I did not want to show.   Then each time I go to the search that option all my deletions are already entered .  Makes it easy.

Edited by SMB (see edit history)
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Help!  Tell me the keystrokes to find, for example, Buick cars

for sale 1958-1961.  And then Completed Listings for those

same 1958-1961 Buicks.  Has anyone mastered this monstrosity yet?

We still haven't figured out how to see the Completed Listings

for a selection of cars such as those I quoted above.

Until this is figured out, there's no need to look at Ebay ads or listings!

Oh, they are still doing Ebay?

That's a take off on an ethnic thing I learned about 40 years ago. If my older friend, Joe, heard a name mentioned that was a person he had written off from his life he would just respond by asking "Oh, is he still alive?" Then I noticed a couple others used it over the years.

Little things that make me smile inside.

• Like 1

Problem with searching now on eBay for parts for example, once they started having sellers use item specifics, the sellers build one and use the same one for every listing they make. Should be just for the item they are selling, but now include every make and model of any part they might sell. Now if you look for a part, if your car is in the seller set specifics, their listing(s) gets pull up. It sucks !

Its all BS there anymore, tons of "will fit", that shows up on any item, or car part list. Maybe its that the old stuff, just is not there anymore, so its all grouped together to make it look like there is more. I give up.. I am thankful for what they used to be, and glad i got items when i did. At the beginning it was a whole new world.

Whenever you do a search on eBay, type "-fits" after you type in what you are looking for. That takes all those "will fit" out of the search. That is a negative sign before the word fits. 

You can build saved searches and remove a lot of the sellers that don't ever seem to have parts for your car, but even with that, gets a bit tiresome to keep adding new ones that pop up all the time. 

Edited by Mark Gregush (see edit history)