Early Ford brass sill plates. What year ?

Gary in MN

You might try asking over on The Ford Model T Club of America site. Did a quick search on line looking at the Ford script over the years, these just seem off. The "F" looks like what was used later in T production. From the size, could be Model K. (?)

23 hours ago, JFranklin said:

The question I would have is why not make the logo correct if you are making a reproduction? It isn't different enough to fool a lawyer.

PS does anyone know why my typing jumps to italics in the middle of a post?

But it may be different enough to mount a defense against a patent/copyright infringement suit.  Since Ford doesn't sell antique car sill plates, it could be difficult to prove significant damages especially since the plates aren't an exact copy.  Even if the defense wouldn't be successful, it might convince a lawyer the suit wasn't worth prosecuting.  This likely is why Ford started licensing antique parts - no legal hassles for either side, they get some license fees, and hopefully customers get more accurate parts.

No clue on the italics.

The screw holes look too nice.  No wear, no marring from the screw head when it's installed.  

When I see a nice brass serial number plate and the screw holes are perfect, I generally assume the brass serial number plate is a reproduction.

Nice quality pieces but I have to go with repro.

If these were original, there should be scratches and scuff marks crossing the plates from somebody climbing into the car with dirt and rocks stuck to their shoes.   Photo below is original door threshold plates from my 1925 Buick clearly showing wear from use, and as noted above, marring and rust stains from screw heads.  

buick doorsillplates.jpg