Chic Magnet autos back in the day.

Dandy Dave

2 hours ago, Jim Skelly said:

I've seen the Jackrabbit but never heard of the "Big D___" model and wonder if any survive.

The most chic-magnet Apperson ever proposed was The Jackrabbit Speedster. ‘A persons designer dealer was Conover Silver, who also designed the Kissel Gold Big Series of cars around 1919-ish. Notice the similarity between the Apperson and my Gold Bug.

• Like 1

Here is my first camper... and my new wife... this is our year-round, full time home..... on wheels....   Double bed, kitchen,& skylights... solar lights inside.... Fun.... I tanned the deer hides the old way... using the  deer's brain oil and smoking the hides to make them golden... it was her wedding dress... I was 40 she was 20.... those were the days my friend....

covered wagon 1 001 (2).jpg

covered wagon 2 001 (2).jpg

• Like 4

On 12/23/2022 at 3:04 PM, sunnybaba said:

Here is my first camper... and my new wife... this is our year-round, full time home..... on wheels....   Double bed, kitchen,& skylights... solar lights inside.... Fun.... I tanned the deer hides the old way... using the  deer's brain oil and smoking the hides to make them golden... it was her wedding dress... I was 40 she was 20.... those were the days my friend....

covered wagon 1 001 (2).jpg

covered wagon 2 001 (2).jpg

Great set of pictures and story to go along with them.
What were you towing your home with?

This is the one my wife liked most when I met her and the first one I sold.  Though I gifted it to her as an early wedding present,  she told me i should sell it.  I have never heard the end of it since.  

So if anyone knows where it is,  let me know.  Sold it almost 20 years ago.    I was never really a fan of the flames on it.  It came that way.   I added the original Tonneau. We actually drove it alot the first year we met,   which was the year I sold it. 

Ironically my wife knew nothing about old cars when I met her.  The first time she saw any of them was when they were in winter storage as we met on the 31st of January.  It was 3 more months before she got her first ride in any of them. 

IMG_6683.JPG

• Like 2