Nomination Day, circa 1932, What is newest car?

Gunsmoke

Photo from a local FB post, from the days when candidates were nominated to run for office by a party membership vote at the local hall. I think there may be a 1932 car in forefront (high wipers, no visor), any one ID something newer? or unique?Port Hood is/was a small rural town on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. 

Nomination Day circa 1932.jpg

The visor-less car behind car in foreground appears to be 1932 Chevrolet Sedan like this fine example, and the Model T touring car behind it about early 20's, suggesting cars span about 10 years in age. . I'm inclined to think windshield is type that winds up into header like Chevrolet's VentaVision, rather than Ford's tilt-out. The larger car nearer building with twin side-mounts looks about 1930ish.939916964_1932ChevroletSedan.jpg.269277af784671db6315fbab85c59023.jpgtwin side-mount Sedan near building

1931 Ford Sedan.jpg

• Like 1

The model T is a 1924 or 1925 high radiator model. The car front and center we see the back of appears to be a Willys Overland or Whippet from about 1926 through 1928.

The coupe in front of the Willys at first glance appears like a model A Ford, but then quickly it is clearly not a Ford. I like the big tube bumpers on it! The wire wheel spare is clearly not Ford, although the relative sizes are similar. (Rim size vs profile size vs hub cap size.)

Edited by wayne sheldon
Additional thought. (see edit history)

Craig, It very well could be! I have seen a few tail lamps similar to that one, and Gardner I think is one of the cars that I have seen them on. You can see the little space between the the top and bottom lenses, which often had the marque name. I am fairly certain I have seen a couple of those tail lamps with the Gardner name on them over the years.