Screw police heaven

Mattml430

So our new place that we bought is about 15 minutes out of town and on a bit of a dirt road. We bought in the middle of some farming land and on our road is a farm supplies. Kinda in the middle of nowhere, so yesterday I had to grab some screws so I thought I’d see if he had what I needed. Well bugger me dead he has every screw any of us will ever need, he’s been there for 53 years and I reckon some of the screws have been there that long. He’s got every slot head screw you can imagine. In steel,brass, stainless steel. Metal thread, pan head wood screws, counter sunk metal thread. I wanted to grab them all and take them home. So if there’s a size you guys are looking for let me know and I can have a look for you and post them. The shop is only 150m down the road from me. I can see myself being there every second day for something. What a little gold mine. 

Edited by Mattml430 (see edit history)
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Mattml430 changed the title to Screw police heaven

No new projects yet Doug sadly. I’m still knee deep in renovating the house and after that I have to move the shed and set it up. So still a mountain of work to get done. I’ll be using these guys as much as I can to support small local businesses. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Minibago said:

With your work ethic and skill set Matt, you will have the house and shed ready to go in a matter of weeks. Setting up from new is so much better organised than having grown and accumulated over some years.

Thanks Nige. Yes I totally agree it will be so nice to set everything up where it needs to be. Having the extra room is also a huge plus. The shed is partitioned off in one bay so that will be all the sanding and painting area. Keeps the mess out of the rest of the shed. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

While restoring my '22 touring car, I discovered that Zoro.com has every kind of screw imaginable, including ones that I found impossible to find elsewhere, such as the nickel-plated cheese-head ones with a tall head and locking nut (interference-thread type), and nickel-plated old-fashioned-type wing nuts (with the low wings).

Later edit: when assembling the front fenders to the frame, Zoro.com seemed to be the only place I could find square-headed 5/16" x 1" 18 TPI bolts (equivalent to the part no. 13962 "running board to bracket bolts" at p. 248 of the Master Parts List) that go through the 4 front fender retaining clips (part no. 5413, also on p. 248).

Edited by 22touring
correction & addition (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mattml430 said:

Had a little trip to screw heaven yesterday and picked up some Nickle plated dome head counter sunk wood screws. 🤤

55AD541A-AC60-4932-B093-E4F175B793AC.jpeg.8b513f2c35d00af0aac5c8d3949fabb6.jpeg

Ronny and Doug would love to get among them wouldn’t they. 😂

Matt I have a small collection Did you buy them all or did you leave some for me 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ron Lawson said:

Matt I have a small collection Did you buy them all or did you leave some for me 

There is still thousands left Ronny I’ll take you down there when you’re over here. We’ll take lunch with us. There is a small entry fee that I collect for them. 😁

• Haha 1