I thought you all might like this video

I took all my grandparents 8mm films and put them on dvd so they could watch them on a tv before they died.  This was done in 2010, and I had him come over to narrate them, we got this one done and that was it.  So - here is their 1960 trip to Niagra falls and Detroit Michigan in a bone stock 1913 Model T Ford - that just happens to be the first car to come off the new invention called "the assembly line" and a Maxwell that was in pieces a couple days before they left.  

On that channel there are about 90 other model t videos in addition to this one and I've started gathering parts for a brass and gas speedster project that will be filmed and uploaded as it progresses so please "subscribe" if you are interested.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

What a great idea to add the narration in

your grandfather's voice!  Not only do you 

have his memories on film, but you've carried

his voice to coming generations.  How much

better than a silent film with no context!

It was interesting to me to get a glimpse of what

life was like in 1960--the roads, the then-new cars,

the motels, the people.

You deserve two thumbs up.

• Like 2

Wow...

This is going to take me some time to get through the entire video, it's just to good to hurry through.

As someone whos parents divorced at a very early age I'll never have anything this nostalgic in regards to family history and or automotive history but I'm very encouraged to see others who have been blessed to receive such a gift. Congrats to you and your family, this is priceless! . 

Great idea. Well done! Thanks for sharing it.

I have a question about Maxwell cars. As mentioned in the 1960 tour video.

Walter Chrysler took a job at Maxwell to try and turn the company around. Maxwell was in trouble. I believe Walter ended up buying the company. Then he built his first Chrysler branded car. Was his first Chrysler car basically the heart of a Maxwell? Built-up a bit to Walter’s wishes, and branded as a Chrysler? About 1924 or so if I recall.  

Did Chrysler continue to build the Maxwell branded car in addition to the Chrysler car? Or did Walter sell off the Maxwell name, then another company started producing the Maxwell?  Thx.