Need 1948 Saratoga Exterior Handles

I need four exterior door handles for a 1948 Chrysler Saratoga. Or at least a description of what other MOPAR handles will fit. The body side molding is integrated into the escutcheon. I see a lot of Dodge handles but don't know if the trim will fit right.

PM me.

23 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

I need four exterior door handles for a 1948 Chrysler Saratoga. Or at least a description of what other MOPAR handles will fit. The body side molding is integrated into the escutcheon. I see a lot of Dodge handles but don't know if the trim will fit right.

PM me.

Try thehandleman on this site.

https://forums.aaca.org/profile/112535-thehandleman/

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

All the MOPAR handles in these years were different as the handle shapes and beltline mouldings were shaped differently for each line of cars. The picture on the left shows a 1946-1948 Dodge handle and the picture on the right shows a 1946-1948 Chrysler handle. You need (2) P/N 1161322 handles for the right side and (2) P/N 1161323 handles for the left side. These numbers are for 4-door sedans. According to the parts book, Coupes, Converts, 2-door sedans and Town Sedans all used different handles. 

IMG_0896.JPG

• Like 1

Thank you. I was suspicious about the way some were being promoted. Sounded too easy.

I have never been much of a MOPAR guy. My grandfather was a wholesale buyer at the Chevy dealers in the city. Rarely saw a Chrysler produce on our lot. My memories from 13 and 14 years of age are like you had to know the first name of the assembly line worker's oldest child to get the right brake parts. Things from those formative years stick with you.

How the car came up missing all four door handles and not much else must be a good story. Well, I have owned it since Saturday at noon. We'll see how this relationship fares.

Thanks again.

Thank you all for the help. I ended up with four handles, a pair of good used egg crate grille sections, a decent hood ornament, and a pair of taillight housings stripped for chroming. And one nice left center whisker.

• Like 1