48 Chrysler New Yorker

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your offer.  If it has a jack and set of tools, I would be interested.  Operators manual, too.  I have nothing for mine except the spare wheel.   Also need flipper handles for the rear windows. Let me know if you have any of these.  If it is a coupe or convertible, I would be interested in the rear window regulator and track assemblies.  If it has a solid exhaust manifold, I can use that, too.  Maybe need a speedometer.  Also need a master cylinder filler plug.  Let me know if you think we can get together on any of these.   I may think of a couple more needs when I look at my car tomorrow.  BTW, Where are you located?

Warm regards,

Andrew

North Carolina

I am in Minnesota. I already looked for the mc plug and it is gone. I was surprised at that. It is a four door sedan. The exhaust manifold looks good. I took the carb off today and looked at the manifold then, but I will look it over more closely. There is a jack and I have one already so that can be sold. I can deliver parts to Hershey.

I am in need of at least a carburetor for this model plus any linkage for accelerator & choke. Ours appears to have had a later model carb installed & would prefer the correct model. Also need door handles, window cranks & trim if available. 

Thanks!  Hershey might work well for me.  I also need the door trim moldings that run horizontally about 1/3 down from the belt line of the door (on the interior).  These are thin strips; either chrome or stainless, not sure which.  They are missing on my car, so don’t have a photo.  I will spend some time with my car this and see if I am reminded of anything else I may need.   Will stay in touch.  

4 hours ago, Akstraw said:

Thanks!  Hershey might work well for me.  I also need the door trim moldings that run horizontally about 1/3 down from the belt line of the door (on the interior).  These are thin strips; either chrome or stainless, not sure which.  They are missing on my car, so don’t have a photo.  I will spend some time with my car this and see if I am reminded of anything else I may need.   Will stay in touch.  

14 hours ago, Don Young said:

I am in need of at least a carburetor for this model plus any linkage for accelerator & choke. Ours appears to have had a later model carb installed & would prefer the correct model. Also need door handles, window cranks & trim if available. 

I have the carb off the engine now, and all the linkages you need are there. Are you looking for interior handles? I have all four. The window cranks are there also, but of course all the flippers are gone. When you say trim, do you mean the thin stainless pieces on the door panels?

Sorry for the delay. I can definitely use the carb & linkages, the 4 interior door handles, window cranks (without flippers is OK since mine are missing). I think the stainless trim on the panels I have may be OK for now. Let me know a price on these & if shipping is available to zip 36206. I could also use the front floor pan section that bolts in as mine is pretty rusty. The carb, linkages, interior door handles & window cranks are the main pieces I really need now. Thanks again. 

• 3 weeks later...

This may be a tall order.  I cannot find any pictures of what I need.  The end of the parking brake cable housing is affixed to the side of the transmission with some type of bracket or fixture.  This is missing on mine, and I place is a rather crude home-made affair.  If you are underneath and can pull off whatever it is that affixes the parking brake cable housing to the transmission casing, I could use that part.  Thanks for your consideration.  I hope to see you at Hershey.

3 hours ago, Akstraw said:

This may be a tall order.  I cannot find any pictures of what I need.  The end of the parking brake cable housing is affixed to the side of the transmission with some type of bracket or fixture.  This is missing on mine, and I place is a rather crude home-made affair.  If you are underneath and can pull off whatever it is that affixes the parking brake cable housing to the transmission casing, I could use that part.  Thanks for your consideration.  I hope to see you at Hershey.

I will try to see what I have for you.

On 9/18/2022 at 11:09 PM, 24Chry48 said:

I will try to see what I have for you.

I took this picture today. It looks pretty involved and I don't think I'll have time to get it off the car before Hershey, but I would take it off sometime and let you know. Do you need the whole assembly?20220921_145912.jpg.2d5dce4f9c7ced478206ed1650924695.jpg

Thanks for your post.  I think that the part I need is not in this photo, though.  I think it would be offscreen to the left.  I will look at it tomorrow and see if I can figure out a way to describe it.  I much appreciate your follow-up.

• Like 1

In these (upside down) photos you can see how a metal plate and a piece of angle iron have been used to affix the parking brake cable housing to the transmission casing.  I do not know what the original parts look like, but that is what I am looking for.2256BE25-076F-4002-B174-ADA01EB4A720.jpeg.d204ea29f21c7f587a3654acb3208cdb.jpeg3B3824D0-088F-4116-8EF8-736111C82295.jpeg.3a7d224d10652460d013303549c4b5e2.jpeg

Yes I am looking for a left rear brake drum for my 47 Windsor 8 passenger which has the heavier built chassis so the brake drums are the same as chrysler with 8 cylinders like your New Yorker.  contact me with shipping and price info at clarke@fowers.net or text me at 619 840 6202. Thanks Clarke in Utah

On 10/5/2022 at 7:11 PM, Clarke Fowers said:

Yes I am looking for a left rear brake drum for my 47 Windsor 8 passenger which has the heavier built chassis so the brake drums are the same as chrysler with 8 cylinders like your New Yorker.  contact me with shipping and price info at clarke@fowers.net or text me at 619 840 6202. Thanks Clarke in Utah

I will check the drum on my car. Give me a few days.

On 10/10/2022 at 4:09 PM, jjareckijr said:

I see that someone has asked for the flipper handles, but looking for just 1.  If you have any, please send photo of what you have.  I have all four(4) but one lost the spring to keep the pin in place.

Sorry I do not have any extra handles right now.

On 10/1/2022 at 10:14 AM, Akstraw said:

In these (upside down) photos you can see how a metal plate and a piece of angle iron have been used to affix the parking brake cable housing to the transmission casing.  I do not know what the original parts look like, but that is what I am looking for.2256BE25-076F-4002-B174-ADA01EB4A720.jpeg.d204ea29f21c7f587a3654acb3208cdb.jpeg3B3824D0-088F-4116-8EF8-736111C82295.jpeg.3a7d224d10652460d013303549c4b5e2.jpeg

On 10/1/2022 at 10:14 AM, Akstraw said:

I sent you a private message, but not sure if it went through. Let me know if you got it.

Greg

Greg,

Sorry, I did not receive your PM.  Yes, the black part is exactly what I need.  I will try to send you a PM.

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 3:03 PM, SuperJonas said:

24Chry48,

If by some small miracle, you happen to still have the original style air cleaner assembly and it's decent, I would be interested.  Thanks!

Greg

I will look and see if I have an extra one.

On 11/8/2022 at 3:03 PM, SuperJonas said:

24Chry48,

If by some small miracle, you happen to still have the original style air cleaner assembly and it's decent, I would be interested.  Thanks!

Greg

I do have the air cleaner assembly. It's in very nice shape, not dented and just some surface rust. Price is $200. including shipping.20221111_121132.jpg.c3f48f6d253109eaa4be228c1c328e88.jpg

20221111_121151.jpg