For Sale: Several senior-owned antique cars for sale (Middle, TN)

Not Mine - multiple ads in one - not my fave

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/franklin-several-senior-owned-antique/7521595695.html

Please look at this list of antique cars available largely from senior-owners in an area car club looking to downsize for 1 reason or another. Generally this is the result of unfortunate widow circumstance, downsizing into senior living, or looking to get their affairs in order where there is more than 1 old car for sale. CL doesn't permit me to list all the various marques for 1 listing so as best I can, by numbering them in order of photos, I will indicate their price. Most are in the middle TN area with individual owners with a few exceptions. They've all gotta go. No trades. No resto-mods as these are all purist builds. No rust-buckets. They're all nice cars with select few needs. All have good lien-free titles with a few exceptions. Honestly, none of them are cheap and most prices are firm. They all run/drive except (2) that need assembly. Please call Chris for inspection/purchase: show contact info
1 and 2 : (2nd pic is to show how it looked before teardown) $12k (Complete/Runs/Needs Assembly)
3: $18k (Excellent mechanicals/updated/restored; Needs Paint work. Solid Car; Only 1 rust spot)
4: $65k Fully Restored, Beautiful rare car
5: $69k (3 tops, 4spd, 1 repaint to original color, 327/300HP)
6: $55k (Owner has lien-free title, but not in his name. Sold on bill of sale please).
7: $129k FIRM (Early Pro-touring Car, Lingenfelter V8, Tremec 5spd, Former JBL national poster car)
8: $43k FIRM (Rare W-31 (undocumented); Crimson Red. Automatic Trans.)
9: $22k (Restored------only needing tires due to age)
10: $36k Fully Restored South American Build, A few needs, SUPER Nice! Good USA Title etc.
11: $89k FIRM 33k Original Miles, Documented Car. Automatic Trans.
12: $17k (23k original miles, MINT in all respects. Fuel Gauge is InOp. Amazing car
13: $62k FIRM
14: $79k FIRM (Literally 86 original miles)
15: $10k (Freshly painted, needs assembly, needs windshield & back glass, new interior kit, rare Automatic Trans
16: $38k 1 Repaint to original color. 4spd, No AC, No Pwr options. 53k miles, Super nice driver
17: $59k Shelby Signed/Documented, Only 200 miles, Only Shelby Twin Turbo
18: $139k FIRM 50th Anniversary Car, 1200 miles, Shelby
19: $25k
20: $46,5k (Senior Owned, 68k easy miles, V10, Super Clean/Non-smoker, New Tires)

(more pics of other cars in ad)

ccc0100000_58WPexXgIfkz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

ccc0200s0s_jqbFqbHFsu6z_07K0ak_600x450.jpg

ccc0300A0A_fW18ZdZtZtzz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

ccc0400F0F_aNp2GXVMqMNz_0fu0bC_600x450.jpg

I love #6: $55k and sold on a bill of sale. The car is titled, but not in the seller's name.

To summarize, you are paying $55,000 (firm) for a car and getting a receipt for purchase ("bill of sale"), knowing that:

1. The car is titled in someone else's name
  2. The title owner is not involved in the sale of the car.

Wowsers. 

What do you bet the new "owner" will put several thousand dollars of work into the car and then try to get it registered.

I don't even know how people who do this think there's a chance of a sale.

Oh, wait, yes, I do.  There are sellers who think that putting an ad out there, even at strong prices, people will be beating a path to their door (isn't the imagery of that expression great, like you have a jungle in front of your door?)

My experience is rarely, oh so rarely, does someone come flying to you frantic to buy your car.

What fun this hobby is, though...

• Like 4

That has to be one of the worst ads with that much information I have ever seen.  You have to try to match the car up with the photo based on some special information given.  Why not put the year and manufacture in the first part of each line.  That would make it a WHOLE lot easier to find what you are looking for.  It's like trying to do a word cross and you still may not exactly know the year of the car. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 5:43 PM, trimacar said:

I don't even know how people who do this think there's a chance of a sale.

Oh, wait, yes, I do.  There are sellers who think that putting an ad out there, even at strong prices, people will be beating a path to their door (isn't the imagery of that expression great, like you have a jungle in front of your door?)

My experience is rarely, oh so rarely, does someone come flying to you frantic to buy your car.

What fun this hobby is, though...

This is probably a great topic for a new thread; has anyone ever shown up at your door desperate to buy a collector vehicle based on your ad?  I know I’ve been the guy desperate at the door of the seller but not vice versa...  usually an accurate ad at a fair (but not steal) price doesn’t generate buyers desperate to make the purchase.

How lame can you get.

8: $43k FIRM (Rare W-31 (undocumented); Crimson Red. Automatic Trans.)

Lets charge the 'documented price'-and 'firm' in pricing-for the 'undocumented' Olds.

I wish a majority of club members could delete an ad. Must of been a marketing major in school.