Old Tools Buy/Sell as a Forum Topic?

leomara

My 1928 Chrysler Model 72 needs a rear wheel puller, 2 3/8 diameter with 16 TPI threads.  These pullers were used on many old cars of the teens and twenties in many different sizes.  We have buy/sell headings for cars and parts, what about tools?

• Like 2

Sounds like it would be interesting however based on experience on this forum people will gravitate towards the General Forum with the excuse that they either missed or did not bother to scroll down through the many topics.  Easier for them to dump everything into the General forum.  Many have stated they get more exposure in the General.  

If this happens I hope that all will also consider ( if they can) giving us the information as to size. Tools if not compared to something ( say a dollar bill, use of a ruler, etc) can all defy general size . A 7 inch open end wrench looks like an 8 inch open end wrench without any clearer details. Most of my comments on this forum have been - give us some measurements  please! Most people never do but assume you know exactly what they have or need . Being clueless leaves all of us clueless as well. Think before you post PLEASE!

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, TAKerry said:

I have loaned specialty tools to members on another forum. I only requested they pay for the return shipping. I knew the guys as well as one could know someone from a forum I suppose and never had a problem. Did it 3 or 4 times.

That’s because you are a kind giving person or the fact they know you have a very big dog! 
dave s 

I have loaned tools to individuals that I have never met or known before they called me on a problem with their car. 

We talked for a while about the issue and I determined that I thought they were legit.   Sent the tool for them to use, they just had to pay for the postage.  Everything worked out fine and the person that borrowed the tool was very appreciative. 

I just look at doing some of these kindnesses is just paying it forward to help more good people come into and stay in the hobby.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1