For Sale: 1937 Packard 115-C business coupe, 42K miles, - $23,000 - Douglas, MA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1937 Packard 115-C business coupe, 42K miles, - $23,000 - Douglas, MA

1937 PACKARD 3-WINDOW COUPE - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1937 Packard 115-C 3-window business coupe. 42,000 original miles. Rock-solid, totally rust-free unmolested original. Matching #'s. Clear Title. Currently registered & inspected. Completely re-upholstered in correct materials & patterns last Summer, including new fabric roof insert. New B.F. Goodrich wide whitewalls in correct w.w. width, new hubcaps, water pump, tune-up, engine detailed, etc. New door & vent window glass, vent window frames & vertical division bars have been triple-plated show chrome. All gauges including speedometer & gas tank sending unit have been professionally rebuilt by John Wolf in Willoughby, Ohio & all work perfectly. Very old repaint close to original color (Rich Loam Metallic). I have the complete ownership history on this gem. NOT a "show" car but rather a very presentable "driver". Has a few "battle scars" with a nice patina. Many original options including "banjo" steering wheel, Goddess of Speed radiator mascot, glovebox clock, trunk emblem, fog lights, spotlight, ULTRA-RARE artillery wheels pinstriped as original (VERY SHARP!!!). Engine runs smoothly & whisper quiet as a Packard should. Shifts like a hot knife through butter. Nice light steering. I own a lift so you can inspect the undercarriage. First time offered. VERY regretfully selling due to health issues & possible move out-of-State. This is a very rare automobile. I've seen only FOUR in my 55 years in the hobby! A real head-turner wherever it goes. Please do not respond to this ad if you intend to modify this car. This is too nice of an original & must remain this way. Please....no "dreamers" or "tire kickers". Serious buyer only. $23,000 or B.R.O.
Copy and paste in your email: 62a666be014a3b00bb995481c477ea40@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1937 Packard 115-C business coupe.

'37 Packard 115-C Coupe MA a.jpg

'37 Packard 115-C Coupe MA b.jpg

'37 Packard 115-C Coupe MA c.jpg

'37 Packard 115-C Coupe MA d.jpg

'37 Packard 115-C Coupe MA e.jpg

'37 Packard 115-C Coupe MA f.jpg

'37 Packard 115-C Coupe MA g.jpg

'37 Packard 115-C Coupe MA h.jpg

'37 Packard 115-C Coupe MA i.jpg

'37 Packard 115-C Coupe MA j.jpg

'37 Packard 115-C Coupe MA k.jpg

'37 Packard 115-C Coupe MA l.jpg

• Like 5

This one caught me eye a couple days ago.  Similar color to our Packard 120 in Havana Beige.  No the worst alternative to the usual colors.

Maybe owner has only seen 4 business coupes but the rumble seat cars are around.  Great body style if you don't need more seating.  I think it is worth $18, 20k imho. 

• Like 1

So far market hasn't agreed with the rumble seat car.  Love it but think he is high for a Jr. 6 cylinder model.  If this one was mid 20s it would be hard to resist.

But a buyer has two to look at in close proximity.  Goldenrod Garage had a nice looking project just before the owner passed and they closed.  He was at $17k, I think, maybe 19k?  I guess if that is market the tan car is not a bad deal.  But it was in his inventory a while.  

The black Packard is certainly much more attractive than the Rich Loam Metallic.  It would be great to compare them side-by-side...

• Like 2

It's ironic you have these two choices in such a close area, relatively speaking.  If I was in the market , I think I would really push the guy with the black coupe to see where his bottom line is and then do some serious comparing.  As you said maybe high for a 6 car,  but looking at the cost of doing any work to the cheaper car in today's skyrocketing prices, it doesn't make much sense to spend less up front,  unless you are completely happy with the lesser car and never plan to improve upon any of the major features. 

Just chroming the bumpers and guards would probably run $2,000 or more. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BucketofBolts said:

Black does appear classy. However, with global warming do we need more black? 

Yup for the next ice age that's coming.  When the power is out,  I can shove it out in the sun and atleast stay warm in the day when they force us to go all electric. 

Artillery wheels don't do anything for me on this one.  And on third pass I think chrome is really tired which could be the reason for the bumper stickers.  The black car is looking better all the time.

I cannot say from experience but my understanding is, for a six, Packard made a very reliable and durable six.  They show up in Packard garages full of big iron from time to time.