For Sale:  1941 Plymouth Special Deluxe 2dr Sedan - $8,400 - Bennett, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1941 Plymouth Special Deluxe 2dr Sedan - $8,400 - Bennett, CO

1941 Plymouth Special Deluxe - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1941 Plymouth Special Deluxe two door sedan. Original flathead six and three speed manual transmission. Professionally restored interior and running board matting. Exterior has a few scratches and minor surface rust in spots, as you would expect on an eighty-year-old car. The undercarriage is immaculate. You could easily restore the exterior to pristine condition or choose to retain the original patina as I have. New Corker whitewall tires, six-volt battery, water pump, and door seals. The radiator and heater have been rebuilt and the original AM radio works. The lights, vacuum wipers, gauges, everything works on this car. She runs and rides like a dream. Odometer 56,374. I don’t know if this is the true mileage, but it could well be considering the condition of the car. Comes with complete set of manuals, including original owner's manual and blank owners' card, and a set of registerable 1941 Colorado license plates. Cash or I will meet you at your local bank to accept a cashier's check. No electronic transfers. NO SCAMMERS!
Copy and paste in your email: d156589b03363f8e8d0347b8fc121ddc@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1941 Plymouth Special Deluxe 2dr Sedan.

'41 Plymouth Special Deluxe CO a.jpg

'41 Plymouth Special Deluxe CO b.jpg

'41 Plymouth Special Deluxe CO c.jpg

'41 Plymouth Special Deluxe CO d.jpg

'41 Plymouth Special Deluxe CO e.jpg

'41 Plymouth Special Deluxe CO f.jpg

'41 Plymouth Special Deluxe CO g.jpg

'41 Plymouth Special Deluxe CO h.jpg

'41 Plymouth Special Deluxe CO i.jpg

• Like 4

Early cruise control. Works quite well if one likes such things. Doesn't automatically adjust for changes in grade, but the idea is the same.

Personally, I dislike modern cruise controls! I much prefer paying attention to my driving, the changing conditions, and being one with my machine! Paying attention often prevents accidents!

The funny part is that I love the hand throttle on a model T Ford and other earlier cars. While it has the same capability to set it and leave it as other cars with foot feeds and hand throttles? With only a hand throttle, one can tend to interact with it in a personal way. Again becoming one with one's machine.

But that is silly ol' me.

• Like 1

I confess to misuse of the throttle control on a 41 Plymouth.  It locks the throttle in position.  So if you get into third gear, pull the throttle knob, you can open the door and drive from the running board.  Or the back seat on 4 doors because the rear doors are suicide style.  Braking does require some retracing of steps - quickly!

• Haha 1

Exact same model as my first car ever.  Kept at my grandmother's garage, who initially thought my prize antique was her handyman's old jalopy for hauling tile! 

This one looks like a great car for next to no money.