Here's a link to a Facebook listing offering a '48 or '49 Hudson parts car in Michigan. The seller urges you to act quickly as they don't want this car hanging around long. Never mind that it's been there so long that a tree has grown into the hole in the windshield and that rust has severed the rear bumper from it's original mounts. There's a sun visor and a spot light for any of you brave enough to wrestle the chickens for them:

Marketplace - Hudson Part Out | Facebook

No photo description available.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I contacted them. 350 for the visor. Have dash pictures as well. Never heard back on what they wanted for the complete dash. Would have bought the visor as well.

Did you ask about overdrive? eggs? fryers? Also, be sure to ask him whats a henway?

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Haha 3

My last Hudson pickup came off of a hog farm in Harper Kansas. It looked like it. Do not have a picture of where it was sitting. The money they are asking for this Hudson is poultry. Maybe it will fly the coop, and scratch and peck it's way back on the road.

Hudson engine pictures 108.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott Bonesteel said:

Well Hudson--now merging with Tyson Foods--is a major chicken producer, maybe they would want to buy as yard art for their corporate office.

The competition drives a Plymouth....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

About 20 years ago, there as a '61 Porsche 356B in a side yard down the street from me. It too was totally over grown and we called it the "B in the bush". Eventually somebody payed $30K for it! I doubt that will happen to this poor Hudson. 

You can add that under dash tissue dispenser to the list of long neglected treasures. Sadly, the front of it is likely just too pitted to be of much value. Next to it is the under dash mounted ashtray. I agree with Xander that it's a beautiful dash, but I've always thought that the stylists couldn't decide on an acceptable location for an ashtray, or couldn't bring themselves to marring the design, and ultimately just ended up slapping one on the bottom. 

Love the layout of the dashboard in the hardtop/convertible pics.  I sent an inquiry to the owner of the chicken coop Hudson, no answer as of yet.  I think some of the bolt-on trim items would make good garage wall art.