64 Riviera on Bat no sell on tax day

PaulMuzz

I was watching that one, too.  My concern was the broken engine mount and (per the owner's discussion) concurrent exhaust leak.  If you're selling a car on BAT (a site that usually brings big money), and you have the new mount, why not take the half hour to install it (or have someone install it)?  In my experience, very little is ever as simple as a seller makes it out to be.  

The owner was duped by the seller when he bought it.  He was told it was a factory Super Wildcat engine and probably paid accordingly.  If you read the comments, he found out during the auction that it was not a factory Super Wildcat.  Maybe his reserve was based on the thought that it was a factory Super Wildcat and depending on what he paid for the car, he could be upside down now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aaron65 said:

I was watching that one, too.  My concern was the broken engine mount and (per the owner's discussion) concurrent exhaust leak.  If you're selling a car on BAT (a site that usually brings big money), and you have the new mount, why not take the half hour to install it (or have someone install it)?  In my experience, very little is ever as simple as a seller makes it out to be.  

Great point. I missed that one. Kinda leaves you wondering what else could be wrong with it.  But all the other first gens commanded 30+ and even with a dealer installed dual quads it seemed like it could have bid higher. I have a 64 with dealer installed duel quads but was converted to a single carburetor. I may switch it back one of these days but I don’t have the air cleaner for it. 

Looking at the undercarriage is a good clue as to the underlying condition of the car. What Pat said about the lack of a true Super Wildcat. No air conditioning. Standard interior. To name a few. Top dollar goes to top cars.  Around $20K seems appropriate to me.

Edited by RivNut
good, not god (see edit history)
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TexRiv_63 said:

Very crusty underneath with visible bondo.

I agree, look around the undercoat and there was crustiness, easy to spot on the inside of the lower fender lip, and like stated, standard interior, added dual quads, and NO FACTORY AIR! killed it

• Like 2

On 4/19/2022 at 12:41 PM, JZRIV said:

And no Fisher Body tag? Very odd for that to have been removed. Someone may have incorrectly thought the Fisher tag had info that would verify the factory SW option so they got rid of the evidence. LOL

I agree.  To me I thought no Fisher Body Tag was a major issue.  No way to verify color or any other factory options.   Way would anyone remove this tag?

Art

• Like 1