'39 NASH Lafayette Woodie sedan $17,000

Seems almost too good a deal! 

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/santa-rosa-1939-nash-lafayette/7451176044.html

1939 Nash Lafayette coupe

original 6 cyl with 3 speed

original interior wood grain dash

new wiring and brakes
Pink in hand , current reg
17,000 or best offer
Turn signals

i am posting this for a Friend , call Jim at  707-217- 5143

101111_4K1RZ8GLOYcz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00A0A_iExmRUOzDO5z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00C0C_2jENq7V3Aucz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Might be on the cheapish side, unless it has any real mechanical issues.  Looks like nothing has been done seriously to that engine in a long time.  Some one painted it with a brush and only did part of it.  The nice chrome and wiring are a nice plus..   The wood isn't original but it doesn't look too bad. It would be hard to remove as I bet they screwed it to the body so you would have to fill the holes and repaint if you didn't like it.  I might look at it if it was near me.   Not alot of guys looking for Nashes though either. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Didn't know they made such a thing.

AJ: 

They didn't!  There were aftermarket wood trim kits in the postwar period when the Chrysler Town & Countrys were popular.   

By the looks of this one it's something someone had ginned-up by a local woodworker to apply to give this Nash a touch of period 'class".

Steve 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Well, Joe, if anyone would have had one, it would be you. I wonder if maybe you should have a forum name more indicative of your "wooden" nature? What woodie have you never been able to find/buy? Which one has eluded you?

I don't want to hijack this thread but I have been lucky in being able to get the car(s) (woodie) I have wanted - the key word being wanted.

But there have been a few cars in the past that I really wanted (non woodies) and was not able to get them.

Any suggestions as to a Forum name? Keep it clean though......

• Haha 1

On 3/25/2022 at 10:13 PM, Joe Cocuzza said:

I don't want to hijack this thread but I have been lucky in being able to get the car(s) (woodie) I have wanted - the key word being wanted.

But there have been a few cars in the past that I really wanted (non woodies) and was not able to get them.

Any suggestions as to a Forum name? Keep it clean though......

Lumber Man? Lumber Barron? I'll keep thinking about it. Something to do with termites?