Trying to date old photo from vehicles

DCRS

I'll take a stab at it, the newest cars are 1941s. There's a guy walking away from the camera in the center of the top photo, the car just off his right shoulder is a 1941 Buick and it's headlight appears to be touching the hood ornament of a black 1941 Chevrolet that's facing toward the left.

Is it a panoramic photo cut in two or two photos?

Do you have any idea of the location? Is the petrol station sign "Red Indian Station"?

I think the photo is around 1947. 

If you posted the photos on a vintage fashion forum they could probably date the photos based on the womens clothing, hemline etc.

It's one big picture, the top is the right side of the big picture and the bottom is the left side. There's a girl on the shoulders of two guys, she can be seen in both the top & bottom pictures. What I noticed first when I saw the thread was that none of the cars had any wide whitewall tires at all. 

• Haha 1

I agree the oldest cars I see are 1941, but since no cars were built from 1943 to 1945 the photo could be from that era. If it was during the war you would expect to see a ration sticker on the windshield. I don't see one on the Packard facing the camera but a higher resolution screen than mine might show a sticker.

Don

From the First Aid sign that has the St John Ambulance logo on it I'm guessing that this was taken in Canada and this is only speculation on my part but I'm guessing in the Muskoka's .  I believe in 1944 Ontario only issued a single rear plates which would also match none of the cars showing front plates.  

• Like 1