Vintage Beer Trucks Trending in the News

Wowabunga

It's been to a few local showings around here in London Ontario. Home of Labatt's beer. Now part of some international conglomerate.

The restoration was completed when it was still a Canadian owned company. It's a great looking unit!

• Like 1

Brothers Joe and Victor Scott built that rig. Joe was the London White Trucks dealer. The trailer was found not far from London being used as an office in a gravel pit. No cab was ever found so it was scratch built. I remember visiting them when the new oak frame for the trailer was almost completed. They also restored the keg truck.

Victor is still living. He's in his nineties.

• Like 5

All bourbon barrels can only be used once for bourbon. They sell them off to breweries, wineries and the general public. We had two from Woodford Reserve. We used them to catch rain water from the gutters. I had a dog water bowl below the tap I put on and Miss Sophie & Gracie loved the taste of the water. You could still smell the bourbon a year or so after we started using it. They use to be $30-40 each but once breweries started using them for bourbon beer the price went up. I believe you have to pick them up as the distilleries don’t deliver even full ones. 
dave s 

• Thanks 1

Yes, I inquired about them when I did a tour of Jack Daniels. I think they said theirs went to wineries. I dont think they sold them to the general public. You could buy one full though, and have the barrel left over as a reminder of a few headaches!  I have been on a few tours in KY as well and I can imagine some of the distillery's would indeed have a glut of them leftover.

Very cool beer trucks!  Yes, Canadian truckers are in my prayers, as well. I believe I used to see LaBatt's here in the midwest back when I drank beer, but I don't think I've seen it for years. I think Molson's is/was Canadian, and I thought their "ICE" brew was/is the best for its type. I'm so unfamiliar with beer now. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2022 at 6:36 PM, JamesR said:

Yes, Canadian truckers are in my prayers, as well.  

Trudeau does not work for the people.  Hard to find news out of Canada because govt owns 90% of all media.  Our local rural newspapers ( all 3 ) bought up by a corporation.  Bumpy roads ahead.