The Uncle Fred Collection

Neoflyer

Is anyone familiar with the Uncle Fred Collection. I don't know what all was in it but there were at least some late 50's and early 60's Chrysler Imperial convertibles. I can't find anything through Google searches so asking here. They are for sale and I'd like to contact the seller.

1 hour ago, George Smolinski said:

Thanks, I should have said I have that information. What I am trying to find out is who owns or is selling the cars. I need to talk to them before I decide to bid. The vehicle description only gives a list of options. Nothing about current condition. Mecum office isn’t being cooperative with that information so I was trying to locate the owner/seller another way. Hope someone is familiar with the collection.

5 hours ago, Neoflyer said:

...The vehicle description only gives a list of options. Nothing about current condition....

I read the description of one of the Imperial convertibles.

It was very long, but it was very useless!  Their puffery is

little more than hot air:  Glowing generalizations, everything

about the history of the model, but nothing about restoration,

degree of use, recent work, problems sorted out, and

minor imperfections.  Every car can't be perfect! 

If more people are bidding in absentia these days, they need

FAR better, and totally honest, descriptions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mike6024 said:

I figured this was referring too Fred Mertz of the I Love Lucy show. I know he passed a little while ago but maybe his auto collection was only being released now.

William Frawley who played Fred passed in 1966.  So definitely a little while ago.

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

William Frawley who played Fred passed in 1966.  So definitely a little while ago.

Author P.G. Wodehouse wrote a series of “Uncle Fred” books but he was from England and dies in 1975 so fought it’s his collection.

I don’t want to get on a plane and fly to Kissimmee only to find the seller isn’t there to answer questions. Guess I could hire a local expert to check it out.

3 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Not an expert ,perhaps some rarity involved, but guide prices seem high for 50s /60s Chrysler convertibles , would like to own the blue one though😊

be interested to know outcome of auction .

The late 50s mopar convertibles do sell pretty high mostly because of their big engines.   But I would caution against playing attention to price guides too much.   There are a couple of those I would let you give me also.

As a 20 something year old I passed on a dual quad Adventurer convertible not realizing they were made of unobtainium.

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2022 at 3:16 PM, alsancle said:

The late 50s mopar convertibles do sell pretty high mostly because of their big engines.   But I would caution against playing attention to price guides too much.   There are a couple of those I would let you give me also.

As a 20 something year old I passed on a dual quad Adventurer convertible not realizing they were made of unobtainium.

As a 19year old , My dad wouldn’t lend me the money to insure jaguar D type although. I’d agree to buy so had to let go 

regarding the Chrysler’s at that money I would rather buy two 59/60 Buick or olds convertibles seen some great two tone scheme ,not the car body but contrasting soft top 

Edited by Pilgrim65 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

As a 19year old , My dad wouldn’t lend me the money to insure jaguar D type although. I’d agree to buy so had to let go 

regarding the Chrysler’s at that money I would rather buy two 59/60 Buick or olds convertibles seen some great two tone scheme ,not the car body but contrasting soft top 

Now that’s unfortunate