1949 Roadmaster Sedan on eBay

Dan O

1 hour ago, Smartin said:

You really can't go wrong with a 49 Roadmaster...such stately cars.  My dream garage has at least one of these in it.

I agree.  I have seen a few in person and it’s one of the few 4 door models that no one can say “yeah but it’s a four door”.  

The whole car seems off.  Like the lettering on the engine.  But the discussion is regarding the 4 door Roadmaster more then this car in particular.   

And I can’t say I would spend $30,000 on a 1949 Roadmaster 4 door.  But I would look for one at a fair price.   

I would think even in today’s pandemic infused marketplace $18,000 buys you a well sorted 4 door.  

Yes all everyone says has truth and meaning yet if it is indeed completely rotisserie as stated and the photos prove this, then it is indeed worth what is asked.  If tin can 911 P-cars can go for this as a # 3 ride then this this should do well IF there is someone where this rocks their boat.  Classic cars hold personalized classic memories for those who can identify of that time and place and were there at some point and can truly appreciate the car for what it is.  A personalized time machine and as such can also be said of the classic car hobby as well.  Though truth be told one would have to be in their late 60's by now at a minimum to have any such personalize memories and that market grows smaller every year.

• Like 2

What a nice looking car. It reminds me of the 1949 Roadmaster convertible that appeared in the movie Mulholland Falls with Nick Nolte. However, there are some funny things going on with this car. It comes up short in several areas.

I must tell you that I've had a 1949 Super 51 (four-door sedan) since 1978. It is original unrestored with some engine work and has 70,000 miles on it.

This 1949 Roadmaster 71 has nice looking paint. The upholstery appears to be a well-done repro, but not faithful to OEM. (The fabric is suspicious, and the vinyl, too.) Although they are striking, the engine decals should not have the white outline. The red decals should play off the engine paint color. I can't tell from the photos if the dash paint is monochrome, or the two-tone that is standard on sedans and sedanets. 

The fender scripts should read as "Roadmaster" on the front fenders and "Dynaflow" on the rear fenders. (My car only has the "Super" scripts on the front fenders because it has no Dynaflow and instead has an original manual transmission.)

The square 6V battery is not stock. It should be a heavy, long, and narrow Group 2E or the popular and compatible Group 3EH 6V battery.

The trunk should have cardboard side pieces and a woven cloth base. (I'd show you my trunk, but it is dirty and stained after all these years.)

This is a nice looking car, but not original or faithfully restored. If that doesn't matter to a potential buyer, fine. Just enjoy the car like I have done with mine for 44 years!

Bob

IMG_20200712_161812029_HDR.jpg

Edited by BuickBob49
Incorrect (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1