1929 Cadillac lasalle 328 phaeton $38,900- NJ

I know nothing about these, so my only comment is that I think it’s cool and would look great in my garage. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3131865760394944/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A075f4d3a-7433-48eb-ad82-8030734a8407

More pics in the ad. 

929 LASALLE DUAL COWL SPORT PHAETON Job # 1185 Body # 400 328ci V-8 Flathead HC 53 -329H 85bhp at 2000rpm 3-Speed Manual Transmission Solid front and rear axle suspension 4-Wheel Mechanical Brakes *Intriguing history Same Family Owned Since 1970 *CCCA Full Classic® *Desirable Dual Cowl Phaeton *Powerful V-8 engine FEATURED HERE IS A RARE AND AUTHENTIC BARN-FIND QUALITY LASALLE SPORT PHAETON. Featured here is a rare running & driving authentic barn-find quality LaSalle Phaeton. LaSalles were excellent value automotive for their time. The LaSalle was the companion brand to Cadillac, owning many similarities to GM's top tier luxury brand with slightly understated trim, wheelbase and engine specifications. This model was recovered from a barn in the local area and presented relatively intact with fair paint, good chrome and fair interior. Brown mohair interior appears original with with rips & tears in the seat. Runs and drive great!

image.jpeg.dd6cd08e480fa89d2bae2d02bcf94a14.jpeg
image.jpeg.be0220b16de52924294508a1943cfc9f.jpeg

image.jpeg.90b19519c949a78b40de3f6d65ee1f37.jpegimage.jpeg.b02b3108e3e27ce336a27104561c2c7f.jpeg

Edited by Gearheadengineer
Added link to ad (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Not the car but it looks a lot like a late friend's who had a cowl fabricated for it, he never intended to fake anything, he just wanted it. It came out of Torrington CT.  He finally got some big iron, but only enjoyed it for maybe 5 years.  That car was at the Greenwich concours last time I saw it as prior CT owners ultimately bought it back from my friend's estate.

39 minutes ago, Gearheadengineer said:

1 hour ago, ericmac said:

I am struggling with this one. I so want to call about it.

39 minutes ago, Gearheadengineer said:

Understandable. It is very intriguing. I would want a knowledgeable person to help inspect it. I have no idea on value. 

It seems worth investigating in person,

or having a competent appraiser look at it for you-

Could be a fun driver for Glidden and Sentimental Tours,

but the leather repair doesn't come cheap.

Be sure to check out the wood structure for rot. and see if the "B" pillar has any motion to it.

Wood repair can get very expensive very quickly.

I had to "pass" on a 1927 LaSalle, as well as a 1934 Packard because both had quite a bit of motion in the "B" pillar. One dealer and well-known enthusiast even suggested that he would just use a hardware store 1"metal angle brace to support the pillar on the Packard he wanted to sell me, rather than a proper repair to replace the wood - obviously I didn't buy his car

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)