riv engine paint

RIVNIK

The last time that I bought "Buick green" from Classic Buicks they had scratched Ford off of the cap..  They are (were) selling Duplicolor Ford green as Buick green.  I hear that CARS isn't/doesn't sell engine paint right now. I don't know if that is a permanent arrangement or temporary.  CARS and Hirsh have the truest color Buick.  POR15 sells a Buick Green but I have no experience with it.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I found a picture that I took a couple of years ago.  On the left is Classic Buick's Buick (Ford) green. In the middle is CARS Buick green.  On the right is Dupicolor (Detroit Diesel) Alpine Green.  The CARS paint is the truest color of the three even though it looks a little dark in this photo.

1320524923_post-50017-143143081777_thumb(1).jpg.813a34183fd0952d7bdc3ced10ebf07f.jpg

• Thanks 1

I found a picture that I took a couple of years ago.  On the left is Classic Buick's Buick (Ford) green. In the middle is CARS Buick green.  On the right is Dupicolor (Detroit Diesel) Alpine Green.  The CARS paint is the truest color of the three even though it looks a little dark in this photo.

I1320524923_post-50017-143143081777_thumb(1).jpg.813a34183fd0952d7bdc3ced10ebf07f.jpg

If you go,with the Alpine Green, I don't think you'll be happy with it when your car is sitting next to a car, both hoods up, that has been painted with the true Buick Green. Just my 2 cents.  Kind of depends on your plans for the car.  A driver or are you going to show it. If you plan on showing it, is it going to be judged? 

I've seen videos of guys puncturing aerosol paint cans to get to the paint.  Look on YouTube for a video.  There's enough crazy people posting to YouTube that someone has likely figured out how to do it.   Like this guy.  Maybe others but this one was the first one that I found.

Drew,

Hirsch also sells the paint in quart cans.  Use a foam brush to apply 1- 1 1/2 inches wide. It flows out nicely, leaves NO brush lines/marks & the can of paint will last for a long time IF you turn the can upside down.  I have a quart can I've had for about 3 years now. IF the paint is thick just add some thinner.  It states on the can what to use.

Tom T.

Edited by telriv (see edit history)
  • Like 2

When I painted my engine I sprayed the paint from the rattle-can into a small cup and used a brush to apply.  That allowed me to place the paint exactly where i wanted it without masking anything.  The Dupli-Color (red im my case) flowed nicely, much as Tom T stated above.  The only pieces I sprayed (from the can) were the valve covers.

Edited by EmTee (see edit history)
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, awk409ak said:

Have you tried this place.  I just Google'd EP-536S and got this.  It may be the same place, don't know.

Art

http://www.2040-parts.com/1953-1967-buick-green-engine-paint-spray-can-ep536s-i1854399/

image.png.8ff8d9f0a3589ce3bad21b24989107f3.png

This is a reposting site. They don't provide dates on the items listed there so chances are it's an eBay listing from 5 years ago!