For Sale: 1934 Oldsmobile Six sedan - $18,500 - Auburn, WA - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $17,500: April 2022:

For Sale: 1934 Oldsmobile Six sedan - $18,500 - Auburn, WA - Still Available, Price Reduced to $17,500: April 2022: See New Link Below:

1934 oldsmobile - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

rare 1934 Oldsmobile Six touring 4 door sedan, older stock restoration, flathead six, 3 speed. recent new tires, runs and drives well, featured in "Collectible Automobile " magazine. asking $18,500.00 or trade for vintage car

Copy and paste in your email:  5685614984b1310eb1156ba107e86919@sale.craigslist.org
I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1934 Oldsmobile Six sedan.

'34 Oldsmobile 6 WA a.jpg

'34 Oldsmobile 6 WA b.jpg

'34 Oldsmobile 6 WA c.jpg

'34 Oldsmobile 6 WA d.jpg

'34 Oldsmobile 6 WA e.jpg

'34 Oldsmobile 6 WA f.jpg

'34 Oldsmobile 6 WA g.jpg

'34 Oldsmobile 6 WA h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $17,500: April 2022: Crossed out the dead CL link, (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1934 Oldsmobile Six sedan - $18,500 - Auburn, WA - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $17,500: April 2022:

Sometimes an open mind pays off.  Two cars I bought based on condition where color was a compromise in my mind both turned out to be great color choices for me anyway.

Havana Beige Packard 120, posted here a zillion times but once used to is, a refreshing yet correct original departure from typical black or even Packard blue, green or maroon.  Sedan wore it well and we got lots of compliments.

Mimosa yellow Triumph TR-6.  The more I got used to the color the better I liked it.  If I ever get another (one of the most fun cars to drive I have ever owned), It would be a top color choice.  

7 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

My Auburn is the same way.  It's growing on me. A different belt line accent and wheel color would probably do wonders for it, but the body will remain the creamy tan yellow color. 

IMG_1451.JPG

I personally think your Auburn is one of the more attractive Auburns I have seen. I agree,  leave it creamy, tannish yellow.

9 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

My Auburn is the same way.  It's growing on me. A different belt line accent and wheel color would probably do wonders for it, but the body will remain the creamy tan yellow color. 

Your Auburn in my mind is the prettiest one I have seen. I’m sure the beltline color stands out better in person than in picture. I believe I commented a while back that I would paint the wheels a very dark maroon. Call me nuts…….

• Like 1

'34 GM headlights and grilles really showed tasteful streamlined influence. Note the great slant to the beautiful grille. Also, it's hard not to love the detailed artillery wheels. It's neat how much attention was being paid to the dash by '34. It's no longer flat. This one looks like it's in wonderful condition.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Like 2

A S, a wheel color might be a great addition to your beautiful Auburn. I'll bet that there are lots of options. First, though, should your car have a contrasting pinstripe? Perhaps on the hood, or surrounding the beltline embellishment? Are the white walls as bright as they can be? That's the trouble with white walls -- they yellow with age.

Those tires are done,  so yes it will have new white walls,  Seems alot of Auburns had them when new.  I know the problem now is the wheels match the tires which match the body and the contrast in the belt line is very subtle so it almost looks all one color with no contrast at all.  I'm seriously thinking of A dark navy blue or maroon on the wheels as you said,  then maybe just an outline stripe like on this speedster.   Would also love to do Chrome lock rings. 

I also have a more correct trunk for the back and sidemount covers for it as well as the correct running board moldings and new correct runningboard Matts. 

6207.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Those tires are done,  so yes it will have new white walls,  Seems alot of Auburns had them when new.  I know the problem now is the wheels match the tires which match the body and the contrast in the belt line is very subtle so it almost looks all one color with no contrast at all.  I'm seriously thinking of A dark navy blue or maroon on the wheels as you said,  then maybe just an outline stripe like on this speedster.   Would also love to do Chrome lock rings. 

I also have a more correct trunk for the back and sidemount covers for it as well as the correct running board moldings and new correct runningboard Matts. 

6207.jpg

Yes, and the roof color as well. It's a beautiful car, for certain, but someone was on a monochromatic kick when they planned it.

3 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Yes, and the roof color as well. It's a beautiful car, for certain, but someone was on a monochromatic kick when they planned it.

Fortunately the interior is a caramel color brown,  so that's alot better.  Would be terrible if they did it in a light tan to match everything outside. 

I do have a really nice tan canvas top boot ( I recently acquired)  which is much darker than the other colors, so that will help when I finally get around to putting the top down. 

IMG_9318.JPG

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1