1937 cord barnfind - $21,500 (Pismo Beach)

37 minutes ago, alsancle said:

I don’t think I see 10k worth of stuff.

You don't, but the seller probably figured oh look it's a Cord. It'll sell itself for 5 times what I paid. Just put a few crappy photos on CL, include the $20K price & some fool with more money than brains will go: "Look, it's a Cord and only $20K. I think I'll buy it."

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, George Smolinski said:

You don't, but the seller probably figured oh look it's a Cord. It'll sell itself for 5 times what I paid. Just put a few crappy photos on CL, include the $20K price & some fool with more money than brains will go: "Look, it's a Cord and only $20K. I think I'll buy it."

Looking at the rear wheels,  I wonder if it was 10% of the way towards being a restorod?   I see 40-50k in missing parts if you were going to restore it. You can buy a really nice one of those non SC for 75k,  and 100k will get you a nice supercharged car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

Look at you and your technical terms.

I don’t think I see 10k worth of stuff.

Don't tell amyone I am in software biz, clearly sales and not Dev... 

Agree, not much there, in this case leaving a lot to the imagination.  If body is decent though, it might save a badly rusted car I have seen a couple in really tough shape no dougt saved due to being a Cord.

Unfortunately the seller put so little info in his ad, one doesn't know if he is selling just the bare body pictured, or if the entire car is there in pieces.

4 hours ago, HarryLime said:

If you have a better car for less money please post a link . Don't worry about high jacking the thread .

I think if you find any other Cord for sale you have a 95% chance it is a better car.   The asking price is sort of irrelevant here.  Sometimes free is a bad deal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, rg171352 said:

This one has been lingering for sale for a while:  https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1937-cord-westie.1231524/

Great point, a much better deal for not much more but still needs it all, as they say.  At least it is complete.  Some of us know the seller who is more of a model A guy and used to frequent this forum.

If the subject car is complete that would be good to know but how can one assume that.

• Like 1

When the question arises about how the Cord 810 presented a solid steel top the same year as the GM 'Turret-Top"...lots of welding and handwork body solder (lead) finishing the seams on the seven pieces.  Then, nearly broke Hupmobile and Graham take up the task.

'41 Hupp Skylark - top detail front.jpg

'41 Hupp Skylark - top detail.jpg

• Like 1