LATE BUICK BUGLES

I HAVE TALKED WITH A COUPLE OF OTHER MEMBERS IN MY AREA(SOUTHERN CALIF) AND NO ONE HAS RECEIVED THEIR APRIL ISSUE OF THE BUGLE. ANYONE ELSE IN THE SAME SITUATION? OR KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON? I LOOK FORWARD TO IT EVERY MONTH ESPECIALLY AS I AM LOOKING FOR A 61 ELECTRA 225 CONV AND KEEP HOPING TO FIND ONE THERE.

Well April 10th here in PA and no Bugle yet. Probably come today though. I really thought when BCA changed printers this would get better. Also thought we would see more colored photos, besides the cover no color in the inside. I am employed by a printer and I know if we don't have the magazine out on a specific date as stated in the contract the customer receives money for every day it is not out of our plant. Of course this may be due to the printer not having the film on time to print the book, so I really don't know who is making this book late all the time. The printer or the BCA. Let's get this thing right though.

The late Bugle has nothing to do with the Printer OR the Mailer. We (the Board) did it. The check for postage funding came back because there was not enough postage on the envelope. I personally wired funds from my own account last week to get the Bugle in the mail. You should all have your copy shortly. Thanks for your patience.<P>------------------<BR>Jeffrey R. Brashares<BR>President<BR>Buick Club of America

Received in Massachusetts on Saturday (same as previously reported in FL!), later than most recent mailings which have been on the first of the month with the new printer, but definitely 1 to 2 weeks earlier than the previous late record.<P>Very happy to see improvements in March and April cover cars/photos/feature stories.

Refreshing to see someone with the character to come forward and accept responsibility when something goes wrong. Mr. Brashares, you are a gentleman. MF

Guest John Chapman

Rick,<P>... you need to tip the mail babe more... !<P>I got mine today in Serra Mesa (San Diego suburb for those out of the area) smile.gif<P>John<P>------------------<BR>John Chapman<BR>BCA 35894<BR>1965 Skylark Convertible (Some Assembly Required)<BR> jmchapman@aol.com <p>[This message has been edited by John Chapman (edited 04-12-2001).]

Guest scott mich bca # 6619

I reciieved mine April 2nd or 3rd, however mine is sent first class. That may make a difference. I am in the Northern suburbs of Chicago.<P>Scott Mich<BR>Assistant Director<BR>Chicagoland Chapter

Guest 70 Electra

No Bugle, yet, in Detroit (April 12).<P>------------------<BR>Greg Cockerill<BR>BCA #36864<BR>1970 Electra convertible

New Bugle arrived on 11 April in Central Pennsylvania. <P>It was nice to see why the Bugle was running behind, and that responsibility was taken, and the problem was then corrected without blaming and name calling. What a concept, maybe our government should read these posts.<P>------------------<BR>Frank Lee<BR>BCA # 14103<BR>franklee@uplink.net

I'm not sure what the mailing date criteria might be, but I have typically received my copy a few days before our chapter meeting (on the second Saturday of the month) with the old situation and the new one too. I can't say that anything has been siginificantly affected by the change of printer/mailer here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.<P>The Bugle is not my only source of Buick information so I'm not that concerned on which particular day it arrives, just that it arrives in good condition.<P>Willis<BR>NTX5467@cs.com

Willis,<BR>Agree on the first part of your post, but when some people get there Bugle 7 to 10 days before others thats not a good situation especially for the wanted and for sale sections. Given the disparity of delivery dates I think it is the post office at fault assuming all Bugles are mailed at the same time! my 1 rubles worth!!!!!

STILL NO BUGLE IN DELAWARE!!!!<BR>VERY POOR SERVICE ON SOMEBODY'S PART, WONDER WHO???<P>ANXIOUSLY WAITING FOR WHAT OTHERS ARE TALKING ABOUT. <P>NEVER HAVE HAD ANY LUCK BUYING ANYTHING FROM THE BUGLE. EVERYONE GETTING THEIRS EARLY GET THE GOOD SHOTS FIRST..<P>CHUCK<P>BCA#2586