Simeone Museum - Philadelphia PA

Steve Moskowitz

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Simeone Museum - Philadelphia PA

I will add that if you check their schedule, starting in late spring through summer they take a couple of cars out into the back on selected saturdays (may be once a month), give a brief overview of the car then take it on a couple of laps.  Its really cool to see some of these old cars running around, hearing the motors, smelling the exhaust, an experience that far exceeds seeing a car behind velvet ropes.

• Like 2

And-quite often you'll find Dr. Simeone there himself giving tours or talking about the cars as they run out back.  It's one of my favorites and was a previous recipient of the AACA Plaque, awarded annually at our convention in Philadelphia for recognition of outstanding achievement in the preservation of the automotive history. 

Terry

• Like 3

The half dozen times or so I have been to a 'drive day' Dr. Simeone was the guy behind the wheel. I have exhibited motorcycles there on several occasions and have been 'behind the scenes' so to speak. I have met some of the mechanics and people in the know but never Dr. Simeone. He seems to be very genuine and down to earth.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have been there multiple times. Even took my grandson once when we took him to Philadelphia. Told my wife we could not miss the experience of him being there. Have done a few of the drive days with the Madison Ave Chowder Society also. Great times and Dr Simeone is a wonderful friendly person and extremely Knowledgeable to say the least. If ever in the Philadelphia area and you are into ultra rare beautifully preserved original race cars this Museum is well worth the time to visit.

IMG_E5851.JPG

IMG_5831.JPG

IMG_5996.JPG

IMG_1351.JPG

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

The Alfa on the left was parked next to my 1917 White in the same barn for years..............it was also in the barn with the Simeone 1925 Bugatti race car........it was quite a collection from the very early days........Leno's 1910 White OO steam car was also part of the same bunch of cars.....along with about 75 other fantastic machines...........

IMG_5831.JPG.95a77d2db924f34cd670e219ef263187.JPG

IMG_3443.PNG

10255.jpg

• Like 1