64 Electra on eBay ....low mileage 4 door sedan

Smartin

Yes; this could be a good find, depending on the final price. My first car was 64 Electra at 16 in NY. Similar but white. I loved it. I am now in Fla. And have a California 64 with air and all the toys but it needs way to much work for my budget. This day and age we all need air. Hopefully finds a good home, It can last a lifetime. Just to Black for Fla.   Enjoy ED

There was one, identical to this, at the BCA national meet in Midwest City, OK in 2019, driven up from the Houston area; similar condition, similar low miles, and its owner has recently decided to sell it. I haven't heard the price yet, but it has considerably more options than this car has, with factory A/C, cruise control, and the 425 with two four-barrel carbs. They are wonderful cars for long, comfortable trips.

• Like 3

On 3/6/2021 at 6:28 PM, Daniel Eldridge said:

Yes; this could be a good find, depending on the final price. My first car was 64 Electra at 16 in NY. Similar but white. I loved it. I am now in Fla. And have a California 64 with air and all the toys but it needs way to much work for my budget. This day and age we all need air. Hopefully finds a good home, It can last a lifetime. Just to Black for Fla.   Enjoy ED

Dan. I certainly understand a collector's position regarding the comforts introduced to cars in the 1950's but for me, I can live without A/C and power windows and seat. In the 270 cars I have owned many were from the 60s and 70s.  Virtually all had A/C that was inoperative and for me most of those issues were in dash or firewall related.  I have owned Cadillac Eldorados, Olds Toranados, Rivieras, you name it.  I also spent an inordinate amount of time on inoperative power windows and seats.  Granted, I would have preferred to become better at restoring these complicated power accessories but at the end of the day I want an "old" car for it's ability to transport me back in time to a simpler- perhaps sweatier- era and enjoy the driving experience. Takes me a few seconds to hand roll down windows and move the seat to a desired position. As for A/C I always did most of my hobby driving in the spring, early summer and fall here in Iowa. My last collector cars were a 1990 Buick Reatta convertible and the a/c worked.  Also a 1993 Cadillac Allante, it worked but I was afraid there on some of the other power accessories.  And a 76 Cadillac Coupe deVille, no A/c but it was white with white leather interior.  

This car is right on the cusp of when power accessories were starting to become a norm.  With the light grey interior, I would be ok.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lancemb said:

It's bid up to $10,600.  Any bets on the reserve or high bid?

That escalated quickly. I think it was still at $6600 this morning. Not sure it has much left in it, but who knows with some of these.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 8:05 PM, parkertom said:

I have never been one to need AC in my classic cars. I also don’t live in Florida, but summers in VA can be pretty bad. I like to roll down the windows and go.

Open windows don't help much when we deal with extreme humidity, 

no matter where you are

A/C is a must for me, even in a convertible,

there are ti9mes when the top must be raised