Need help waking up a 322

MrEarl

4 hours ago, MrEarl said:

And what do you get when you click on the link and the movie in the Gallery page?  What browser are those who can't view it using. Firefox here.

If you click around on it enough you might get the option to download and then you can play it.  (pain in the ass).  Then you have to delete it from you computer.  Best to upload to youtube...extra effort for you but easier for the rest of us.

It does play on firefox on linux, but unless it is running you have to load another operating system.

On 12/21/2020 at 2:56 PM, Bill Stoneberg said:

Here is a You tube link to that video he posted...

Thanks for going to all that trouble Bill. I was really hoping that simply posting short video clips to the Gallery while on the forum would work vs having to go to and use YouTube, plus I despise the before and during video ads there. Oh well, it is what it is.

So I got the tank rinsed out good, added a can of Seafoam to five gallons of non ethanol gas and will be cranking and running to operating temperature at least every first Sunday of the month from here out, I have learned my lesson. Thanks everybody for your help.

• Like 3

On 12/20/2020 at 8:22 PM, MrEarl said:

So today I cleaned out a spot in the BS&S garage for the Century then drained the 15 gallons of shellac out of the gas tank and rinsed it with 2-3 gallons at a time 3 times. It's still not running as clear as the fresh I am pouring in so will keep at it until it is.  Bad news is the brake pedal went to the floor so will be dealing with that next. 😩 

So what do you do with 15 gallons of shellac and the additional 6-9 gallons of gas mixed with shellac?

On 12/20/2020 at 8:22 PM, MrEarl said:

So today I cleaned out a spot in the BS&S garage for the Century then drained the 15 gallons of shellac out of the gas tank and rinsed it with 2-3 gallons at a time 3 times. It's still not running as clear as the fresh I am pouring in so will keep at it until it is.  Bad news is the brake pedal went to the floor so will be dealing with that next. 😩 

Sorry for your troubles Mr Earl.  Do you know yet if it is a line or a wheel cylinder?  Hope your knee and back is doing better.  

40 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

Sorry for your troubles Mr Earl.  Do you know yet if it is a line or a wheel cylinder?  Hope your knee and back is doing better.  

Not sure which it is JD, taking a few days off for Christmas , will deal with later.. Knee is great after the arthroscopic surgery to remove torn meniscus.  Dealing with the practically full time pain of combined degenerative discs and arthritis in lower back makes for no fun with most physical activity. Physical therapy nor spinal injections brought any joy, CBD oil... some. Old age ain't for sissies.  Confident that I'll get better though.  Thanks for asking.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M1842 said:

So what do you do with 15 gallons of shellac and the additional 6-9 gallons of gas mixed with shellac?

1 hour ago, JohnD1956 said:

Would make some nifty fire starters! 

Great minds think alike JD. I have a huge pile of small ornamental pear trees went wild plus a bunch of old pine beetle infested lumber on top of them in the middle of a pasture that I'm considering making into a bonfire for New Years.  Mix some diesel in with the 20 gals of old gas to reduce its volatility and use it as you suggested, a fire starter.

To put this picture into scale, picture was taken about 500 feet away and those are 2 x 12's, 10 to 16 ft long old growth pine boards on top of the pile

8ABFBB24-1E63-4788-9821-7400D1D7EC0F.thumb.jpeg.7c44bab86e241ac2d9a01d24b5302a67.jpeg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

Great minds think alike JD. I have a huge pile of small ornamental pear trees went wild plus a bunch of old pine beetle infested lumber on top of them in the middle of a pasture that I'm considering making into a bonfire for New Years.  Mix some diesel in with the 20 gals of old gas to reduce its volatility and use it as you suggested, a fire starter.

To put this picture into scale, picture was taken about 500 feet away and those are 2 x 12's, 10 to 16 ft long old growth pine boards on top of the pile

8ABFBB24-1E63-4788-9821-7400D1D7EC0F.thumb.jpeg.7c44bab86e241ac2d9a01d24b5302a67.jpeg

Better warn NASA in case the space station folks get worried the planet is on fire! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2