For Sale: 1949 Nash 600 Airflite - $6,500 - Milwaukee, WI - Not Mine - Still available, price reduced to $6,250: July 2021

For Sale: 1949 Nash 600 Airflite - $6,500 - Milwaukee, WI  - Still available, price reduced to $6,250: July 2021, see new link below with additional photos.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/milwaukee-1949-nash-600-airflite/7203752784.html

Straight six with a column shift and overdrive, call for details. Best offer. Designed in a wind tunnel, the Airflite 600 was to get 600 miles on a tank of gas.

Copy and paste in your email:    e58d82742baf3164a407c16961c39229@sale.craigslist.org

I have personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1949 Nash 600 Airflite sedan.

'49 Nash 600 Airflite WI a.jpg

'49 Nash 600 Airflite WI b.jpg

'49 Nash 600 Airflite WI ba.jpg

'49 Nash 600 Airflite WI c.jpg

'49 Nash 600 Airflite WI d.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
- Still available, price reduced to $6,250: July 2021 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I find it interesting that ‘48-‘50 Packards are much maligned for this styling but to my (aging) eyes many cars from this era, including this one, look quite similar. I call it the “bathtub look”.  It is a style and era that I particularly like as those type of cars were all over the streets during the time of my youth. I do like this one.......

• Like 2

Aside from the misaligned hood, it looks pretty good. Seller should've included the "details" in the ad and saved prospective buyers a phone call. And more photos.

You hardly saw these in California when I was growing up. A Midwest thing?

9 hours ago, suchan said:

You hardly saw these in California when I was growing up. A Midwest thing?

One characterization of Nash:  Like your great aunt Edna: solid, sensible, had money in the bank...but was no fun at all!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

One characterization of Nash:  Like your great aunt Edna: solid, sensible, had money in the bank...but was no fun at all!

I respectfully disagree on the no fun point.  My first and fourth cars were Nashes. I had a lot of fun with both of them as a young man. They served as a big part of my introduction to the hobby...and I remain active today.  I suspect that anyone who buys this car would enjoy the ownership experience a great deal. 

• Like 3

On 10/3/2020 at 7:21 PM, ericmac said:

I respectfully disagree on the no fun point.

I dont think many original owners purchased a Nash because it was a fun and exciting car. 

Quality? yeah, well engineered? yeah, durable? sure, but fun and exciting? no.  That wasn't their target buyer. 

Then, as a 5-10 year old used car, you bought a Nash because it was significantly less than a Ford, Chevrolet or Plymouth. And you were standing on the back row of the car lot comparing it to the Kaiser (and maybe Studebaker) that was sitting next to it. 

A good piece of transportation that was never going to impress your friends. 

Now, as a collector car???   Well, that's a different story

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, m-mman said:

I don't think many original owners purchased a Nash because it was a fun and exciting car. 

Quality? yeah, well engineered? yeah, durable? sure, but fun and exciting? no.  That wasn't their target buyer. 

Had the Nash had even a hint of being a "fun and exciting" car, you can bet your bottom dollar that your solid, sensible, with money in the bank great aunt Edna would have departed the dealership for a car make that reflected her solid values!

• Like 2

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1949 Nash 600 Airflite - $6,500 - Milwaukee, WI - Not Mine - Still available, price reduced to $6,250: July 2021

Still available, price reduced to $6,250:

1949 Nash 600 Airflyte - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Very rare Nash 600 Airflyte. It was designed in a wind tunnel and 600 stood for the number of miles on a tank of gas. Straight six, manual column shift. Runs well. Body is solid but one side of the two piece rear bumper is rusty. Floors and trunk holes were repaired. Changed from a 6 volt to a 12 volt system so wiring is new. Rounded glass, windshield and rear window are good. Flat glass in side windows has cracks. Needs upholstery. I have the window and door hardware not shown in pictures.
Comes with the glove compartment owners manual, 1949 Nash technical service manual, two 1949 print ads for the 1949 Nash Airflyte and 20 plus Nash Times booklets from the Nash Car Club of America. The Nash club has a printed member list that members can obtain listing other owners, contact information and type of Nash owned. This is helpful if you are restoring or repairing one. It is a good club with regional chapters that have activities to be involved in to meet other Nash owners. The international Nash convention, The Grand Nashional, will be held in Frankenmuth MI July 13-19, 2021 and is the largest gathering of Nash owners and Nashes.
$6,250 or best offer.

Copy and paste into your email:  36f26b25f3b339d1b2e86a1e27e4b235@sale.craigslist.org

Contact name:  Terry  (414) 731-0472