Lexus SC300/SC400 information

Robert G. Smits

3 hours ago, padgett said:

I prefer an SLK.

One of the reasons this car is attractive to me is that it will be eligible for many AACA and VMCCA tours in a year.  At age 80 I am tired of towing to all the tours.  Those of us who do not live hear PA have to drive two of three days to many events

Robert,

I've always like the 400SC, but kind of moved away from purchasing one because of it's low stance. It gets harder and harder to get out of some of my cars as I've aged. At 76 yrs old I began to wonder how long I could comfortably use one. 

As for as your search, what are your specific requirements? What does low mileage mean to you? Do you have a price ceiling, or is the original condition more important then the price? Is color a concern to you? The reason I ask is the cars are available where I live, but my guess that you wouldn't want buy one from the West Coast-or you would have already bought one.

Bill

On 9/28/2020 at 5:47 PM, Peter Gariepy said:

They aren’t AACA Recognized for another 5 years.  

Peter, I thought all 25 year old cars were recognized??

On 9/28/2020 at 3:43 AM, Buffalowed Bill said:

Robert,

I've always like the 400SC, but kind of moved away from purchasing one because of it's low stance. It gets harder and harder to get out of some of my cars as I've aged. At 76 yrs old I began to wonder how long I could comfortably use one. 

As for as your search, what are your specific requirements? What does low mileage mean to you? Do you have a price ceiling, or is the original condition more important then the price? Is color a concern to you? The reason I ask is the cars are available where I live, but my guess that you wouldn't want buy one from the West Coast-or you would have already bought one.

Bill

Yesterday I purchased a SC 300 with 38K miles.  Owned by a sports car racer (Toyota Supra) who put 10 K miles on it in the past 10 years and recently changed the timing belt.   Pearle White with Auto.  I was hoping for a 5 speed but the wife vetoed it since she wants to drive it in nice weather.  Thanks for the offer to help.

Edited by Robert G. Smits
Addition (see edit history)