Let's stop the drama in the subject line,please.

R Walling

There have been subject lines recently that do not properly describe the content of the post.

It is much like how the news is being hyped, causing the readers to read a story that they probably not read san the hype in the the subject line.

If you want others to read about your 1937 Wisbang, don't start your post with "Guess what my best friend and my wife bought!" 

• Like 10

I'm sorry to say, but for many or most contributors, this forum, along with countless others, is just another social media outlet where they can fulfill a need to compete for attention, kind of like most car shows and gatherings. You know, "Hey, look at me, I (too) got something special to say or show !".

A phrase "Attention whoring"* comes to mind and probably can be often identified by (high) post counts of contributors or constant/frequent display appearances at cars shows and gatherings.

*OTOH, I guess we’re all guilty of this to some extent. Why else would we be sharing our opinions & thoughts here (or elsewhere in the webs) with complete strangers. Some just have a need/urge(?) to do it more than others, I guess and some just have to make everything seem more dramatic than it really is.

Edited by TTR (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Uh, oh.  Maybe I should change the overly dramatic subject line in the thread I started just yesterday:

Warning!! Impending NTLAPD!! Warning!!

The subject line could, instead, be something like: "Another Tribute-To-Something-Or-Other-Day coming up".  Or maybe: "Otherwise sober, serious people might be talking strangely this coming Saturday".   Or, "Just Ignore This ... Don't Mean Nuthin".

Besides, I got it wrong.  It's not "NTLAPD", it's "ITLAPD".  The insanity is not just National, it's International.  Oh well, I'll do better next time.

Cheers,

Grog

• Thanks 1

On the "other-other" hand, having one's knickers completely knotted up can be much less fun than we deserve.

I bet that, like most things, we will soon center our bubble (that's "find our homeostasis" if you have more than 8 cylinders or 1 cowl).

Let's aim for something between "pull my finger" and "pass the Grey Poupon."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Come on guys, we're in a international pandemic. We're being told to stay at least six feet apart and stay home as much as possible. How else are we going to socialize? I need all this drama to keep my head screwed on straight. This stuff is about to make me batty.

• Like 1