1940 Cadillac LaSalle 50 Convertible Sedan - $11900 - Westfield, MA - Not Mine

1940 Cadillac LaSalle 50 Convertible Sedan - $11900 - Westfield, MA

https://westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/d/westfield-1940-cadillac-lasalle/7162357116.html

1940 Cadillac LaSalle convertible sedan. Last on the road in 1957 and been stored indoors ever since. Presently not running, however the motor is not seized and will turn over by hand. I'm sure with some tinkering it will run again. Odometer is showing a little over 81,000 miles. Car will need a complete restoration. All glass is intact, none broken. Also have the rear window with chrome molding (not shown in photos). Floors are solid, but will need some work on the outer area of rocker panels. A 1940 hardtop sedan parts car is also available at extra cost. Will listen to any offers made.

Copy and paste in your email:  2c36034e253631d2b23cbb7feae6429f@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1940 Cadillac LaSalle 50 Convertible Sedan.

'40 LaSalle 50 Convertible Sedan MA a.jpg

'40 LaSalle 50 Convertible Sedan MA b.jpg

'40 LaSalle 50 Convertible Sedan MA c.jpg

'40 LaSalle 50 Convertible Sedan MA d.jpg

'40 LaSalle 50 Convertible Sedan MA e.jpg

'40 LaSalle 50 Convertible Sedan MA f.jpg

'40 LaSalle 50 Convertible Sedan MA g.jpg

'40 LaSalle 50 Convertible Sedan MA h.jpg

'40 LaSalle 50 Convertible Sedan MA i.jpg

He may have Keyworded it that way to increase hits as Cadillac guys may not think to look for Lasalles but may still have an interest in them.  I do it with my Lasalle literature as there are alot more collectors buying Cadillac literature than Lasalle,  but they often add it to their order when they see it.  I do the sale with Oakland and even Jeep and Willys,  though I had one guy try chewing me a new one about that.  It's keywording,  nothing more to get it in front of the greatest number of interested parties. 

• Like 1

LaSalle, beginning with its introduction, was promoted with great emphasis that it was "companion to Cadillac' and 'built in the Cadillac factory with Cadillac quality".   The two nameplates became inextricably linked in the public mind, just as Cadillac intended.  As with other such linked naming, such as 'Chrysler Imperial', Lincoln Continental', 'Nash Rambler' etc.,  regardless of any marketing decision to separate the names later, the linking remains.   

• Like 2

LaSalles are great cars. It took me buying one to find that out. Strong Caddy motor (the flathead V8, with the bore reduced 1/8"), transmission that shifts like butter, sharp styling (to my eye). There was a period when the Cadillac connection got a little tenuous and they put Olds-sourced L-head straight 8's in the cars (1934-36?), but other than that, it had the heart of a Cadillac. Along with Buick, I think it's a sleeper, price-wise.

If the seller threw in the parts car, this would be a pretty good deal. Otherwise, it needs a ton of work and LaSalle-specific parts aren't that easy to find.

Yes interesting car (and close to home) but I think it's one of those cars that presents well but needs a lot more work than first impressions seem to indicate.  Parts car is likely of little value once the main event is sold.  Package makes sense for both buyer and seller.

• Like 1

1940 LaSalle Model 50: 322 c.i. V-8, 123" wb, B-Bodies shared with B-O-P models; Model 52 Special, same engine and wheelbase, C-Bodies shared with all but Chevrolet.

1940 Cadillac Model 62: 346 c.i. V-8. 129" wb, C-Bodies; 60 Special, same engine 127" wb, unique 60 Special exclusive body; Model 72: same engine, 138" wb, seven passenger extension of C-Body for seven passenger sedan and limousines.  Models 75 V-8 and 90 V-16, 141" wb, last year of lwb body series begun in 1938.